Thread: Parkinson's with Lewy Bodies - dimentia

Default Parkinson's with Lewy Bodies - dimentia

I'd like to connect with an online support group for families who are dealing with the form of dementia caused by Parkinson with Lewy Bodies. More information about this form of dementia can be found here: http://www.lbda.org/node/7

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

nice to meet you debra !'

i don't know how many people here have the specific combination of parkinson's with lewy body dementia.

i post in the alzheimer's forum which is another type of dementia. we did have a lady with lewy body dementia post on our forum for a while and she fit right in. dementia's have more in common than they don't have in common. we understand the frustration of dealing with dementia and the grief that goes along with it.

i invite you to post in the alzheimer's forum. we certainly will listen and support you.

please join us ,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Debra, my father has lewy body parkinson's and was only diagnosed earlier this year. His symptoms appear to be rapidly advancing, although he is still with us mentally for the time being. I just joined this community in order to connect with other family members and/or people diagnosed with similar conditions, to learn about coping and resources. My parents want to stay together for as long as possible, even during memory care, and my mother, my siblings and I need to educate ourselves about the options that might be available and within their means.

I'm reaching out here to patients and family members to share, offer support, and exchange information. As a family lawyer and also a person with some neurological history of my own, I have nothing but compassion for everyone facing these issues. I'd certainly welcome a discussion with you and others about Lewy-Body. Hope you are well,

Eric

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey eric and welcome to bt!

i'd like to invite you to post in the alzheimer's forum also. we talk a lot about coping, the need for caregivers to take care of themselves and the many different feelings we go through at different stages in our grief. it is a long journey to care for a loved one with dementia of any kind.

we also talk about issues like power of attorney for medical care, dealing with nursing homes and other options for people who need help in caring for their loved ones. if you start reading the "what's happening in our caregiving world" thread in the alzheimer's forum, you'll see what we're all about.

here is a direct link to our forum: http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...48-Alzheimer-s

please join us!
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 12-09-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney