Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT April Chit Chat

hey, I see the cow that jumped over the moon,, hah,,April Fools Day !!!

hello everyone, Easter is over, and now we get right into spring, farmers are once again antsy trying to talk mother nature for some warm weather, to get the fieldwork done,,

My husband bought me a beautful dining room set, solid oak, was clearanced,, quite a bargain, we needed new chairs, but the price of new chairs, a new table and chairs were cheaper,,he picked it, I had idea I was getting it,,here is a picture,,

Other then, that, we go day by day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

I like that table, Peg. Good buy.:)

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Community Member

Beautiful dining set Peg. You're one lucky lady. I hope everyone has a great April. I am exhausted. My daughter, her husband, 2 cats, my son his wife and 2 children, and my son were here for the Easter weekend. It was both wonderful and exhausting oh yes and LOUD. Then to top it all off, my oldest son had some kind of stomach bug and decided to share. So today, I am not moving too far from out bathroom.

I have been away from here for some time. Last year was quite busy for me. My grandson was born in March...I had some health issues, (heart tests and breast biopsy etc.....all is fine) In April we got rid of our apartment in Ontario and moved our stuff into storage. Then in June my daughter graduated from university. In July we flew to Nova Scotia for a month to get ready for her wedding...she got married in August on a farm and it was soooo nice. Then 2 weeks later my husband got a new job back in Canada and we move back from New Jersey. To say I'm completely exhausted and in much need of a good rest is an understatement.

Well, enough of my complaining. I sure hope everyone has a good spring. I'm so sorry Jeanie about your mom and David. Big hugs to you. I haven't read all the pages on the March thread, but will try to keep up with the April one. Later,
    Lorraine:)

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Peg, beautiful DR set!! And it looks like Hubby has a
    new place to park his Cap.
    Whisper, sounds like you had a full plate on Easter
    weekend. Nice to have Family close though..

Had a nice day yesterday. Nothing fancy, but DD and
    Grands did visit and bring me chicken(yum) DD was
    going to bring me a big box of candy, but she said that
    she knew I was dieting. I was glad that she didn't.

Hi Ann..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Hi to all,

Peg, that is a heavy beautiful looking table and chairs. You do rate pretty high on hubby's list I believe.

Whisper I admire your strength and energy, but sounds like you do need a rest now. It is good to have you back on the board.

Agate, I can't handle a 16lb vacummn anymore, and since I have been doing all my cleaning I had to break down and get a light weight one. I think it weighs about 8 lbs.

Jeanie, thought of you this week-end and also Gabriella. I hope both of you had your sons close by.

Sally, right now Schwan's is sounding better and better. I have not been out since Friday and I thought about how nice it would have been to have something like that already here.

Well, for the reason I have not been out! I have this little cloud over my head since last week. So far it is refusing to move. I took my car in for inspection which was due on the 31st. I did not even give any problems a thought as it is in good condition. However, even though it has less than 27,000 miles it was six years old the day I took it in. They would not pass it because they say that even though there is plenty of tread on the tires that they can dry rot in that amount of time, and they ordered new tires. I was to have them put on tomorrow, but due to all the other things that have come up I can't get back this week.

Friday morning I noticed that my shower was a little cooler than usual, but just thought I didn't turn the knob right. When I got in Friday afternoon and took out the trash I could hear water running under my storage room, so hard it sounded like it was raining. It was the hot water heater. So I have not had hot water since Friday and could not wash my hair and only could get a "bird bath". I have been here since I came in Friday by myself. Then this morning the lights would not work in my master bathroom and I had to call an electrician. He can not come until tomorrow. I am thankful for my home, but sometime home ownership is not all that it is cracked up to be when you are alone. Oh yes, and by the way, the trash people forgot to pick up my trash last week. I had to put in a call about that today. They pick up on Wednesday and I did not realize that they skipped me until Friday evening. Hope that little cloud moves soon.

I hope all of you are enjoying good health now that Spring is almost here. It is warm here today, but due to turn cold again tomorrow. I am afraid we will go from winter to summer and I happen to like spring weather. I do not like summer.

Gary, glad you are enjoying your vacation. Get us some pictures of the new house soon.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I hope that some of the problems you've been having turn out to be easily solvable. It's always nice when that happens but I know it doesn't happen often enough.

Peg's dining room table and chairs look really elegant! Hope it will last for many many years.

Waving to ANN, Sally, Whisper, and anyone else who's reading this thread. I'm sorry I can't hang around longer but the first of the month tends to be a busy time, and I'm off to a PT appointment today.

I hope April turns out well for everyone here.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

The only thing I don't like about the Spring Front is that it is usually
    followed by the most horrible and hot Summer Behind ya'v ever seen.
    Love, Sally

I forgot to add Sam's picture,, so here is our queen,,lol005.jpg

Peg

007.jpg

Thain and Sam,, nothing, better then kids and dogs,,:}

Peg

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I miss my doggie pal and my kitty..
    Love, Sally

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast