finally Legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally Legal

Well ya'll I am finally pretty much legal. I finally found a doc and had the money and a "med station" that would help me with my paperwork and am getting legal. Actually in eight days I will be able to enter a dispensary legally.

Yes for the almost 2 1/2 yrs I've used the so called 'underground' with the help of a very kind, understanding caregiver. Mostly because of the money but also because I feel so terribly guilty about using after almost 11 yrs clean and sober. Even though the circumstances are totally different.

That doc looked through my paperwork and told me I win the cup with all of the things listed. There is never enough room on medical forms lol, I have to write in the margins and between the lines. I am sure many have to. Then he proceeded to tell me I definitely qualify, did his medical exam then gave me some advice that he promised would cut my pain and symptoms by half but it requires a very serious life change. He said all of my issues are linked and he has seen hundreds just like me benefit. Tell ya the truth I have heard the same from quite a few here.

No wheat flour, not even gluten free foods because they're still in the same hypoglycemic index, no red meat, no dairy, no fake sugars. I am very careful about aspartame and do not use anything with it in it. Pretty much anything that says sugar free has fake sugar in it. Basically it's chicken and fish, veggies, fruits, eggs, he wrote a couple of things down. and he said to eat every hour to hour and a half. Graze, don't sit down and fill up a plate. Keep things handy and ready to eat. Also recommended Wheat Belly for reading.

No Swiss Rolls, no mashed potatoes with corn and gravy, no steak. The absolute worst is no bread, at all. If we are out of bread here at the house I feel like we are totally out of food. Suddenly everything I want to eat needs bread lol.

But to think of 50% less pain! Incredible! I don't think that psychologically I am ready to make such a life change here within the next week but I think of it constantly.

Here they are going over the legality of patient to patient 'sales' and are talking of closing the dispensaries and I am sure it will affect caregiver status also. Not too many caregivers who are not also patients. I feel bad for the elderly, and those that are not mobile that are benefiting from MMJ who cannot get out to get their medications and usually have the dispensary deliver or their caregiver. They cannot grow their own.

I also informed my 12yr old that I was filling out paperwork to get my MMJ card (finally Leeaelle) for medical marijuana. Told him to keep our business to ourselves. Asked if he had any questions and of course he was already thinking about getting on the game LOL. He has never seen it, or me using it though I have had a bit of trouble keeping the smell down. There are fixes for that though.

i hope you can manage doing some of the other things that you said they mentioned. I wish that I could lose some of my weight as I know it would be so much better on my back knees etc. that having things on hand and eating small amounts frequently is something that I can try. We were fortunate enough to get it on ballot but that is as far as it went. anyhow maybe someday, decades down the road probably if at all.

Comment

OK Chris,the diet sounds obscene to me! haven't you already lost a bunch of weight? I just want to say I do agree with the part about eating small amounts every few hours though.As for the medical MJ,you are aware WA has legalized it right? well what a farce! make it so darn complicated nobody is their right mind will benefit. Everyday there's something new in the paper. How much taxes to put on it,who can grow it,etc. Exactly why I didn't vote to approve it! they expect it to be a cash cow! apparently nobody thouught this through much. 33% tax is out of line. people will still buy from the people thay always have relied upon.

BTW I've managed to lose over 20# & yet still wearing a 12 in jeans! disgusting! I wish you luck Chris. and gluten free food is pretty tasty. also high in carbs of course.

Comment

Congrats on getting your card. MMJ would be a godsend IF I could use it - it is legal here w/ a card BUT I am on Medicaid and I get tested. My doc. told me I have a choice the pills that keep me from screaming and halfway productive OR MMJ - the one thing that works for my depression and I have tried and given a fair trial to about ten and cannot tolerate the side effects. So I am between a rock and a hard place. And yet, the doc says federal overrides states, I COULD go to the VA and THEORETICLY get my pills and be able to smoke as the undersecretary of the VA says its up to the doc. and I do know people that do get their meds and smoke too w/ no problem. only problem is, my primary at the VA is ??????. I get better care at the Medicaid clinic, which has its own pharmacy so no hassle getting what I am prescribed (most of the time) the VA would have me doing a hour ride each way to the main medical center, Epi. Shots, Group therapy, and a whole lot of other crap 3 times a week. I personally don't belive in Epi. shots, I have had more group therapy then I will talk about and will Never submit to it again and 2hours riding 3 times a week, no way, it would kill me. I have been stable now for over ten years, actually cut my dose, and am doing fine. If it were not for the depression, life might actually be decent. that said, I do hang in there, I have a great S/O, also disabled, and we take care of each other. THAT is what makes life worth it - her. Sorry about the ramble - Hope things work out well for you - you are in my prayers.
        blessings be
        Alex44
        Skypilot

Comment

Alex my new psych is also a physician and studies neurology. He has signed me up for a new test that will try to give some kind of idea as to why almost all of the antidepressants and mood stabilizers I have taken have given me some kind of horrid reaction. It is a type of Genome testing. says maybe our metabolic rate is different in how we process the meds. Like either we need a stronger dose or maybe a pediatric dose. I am thinking the latter for myself but the MMJ has been a Godsend for my anxiety and depression. Actually went to a dispensary yesterday and got something especially for pain and fibro. was very grateful. Barometer here has been all over the place and me without meds for both pain and fibro was not a good day.

I hope you continue to maintain some semblance of peace.

Comment

Here in California we have MANY dispenseries and most deliver. I use a tincture made from MMJ soaked in Everclear to extract the needed parts. I have found two, one that works well for sciatica and nerve pain called White Widow , plus one for Fibro pain called Girl Scout Cookie. Its better to ingest it than to smoke it, lasts longer less side effects. Also using just the buds of a high CBD, low THC hybrid results in a great product. You can use the shake to do this but it has more turpenes which I don't like, gives me headaches. There is a site called leafly.com which lists a lot of the different strains and what they do, its very helpful.
            If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
            DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
            Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Comment

Working...
            X