Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tipped over feb 26

Distinguished Community Member

Default tipped over feb 26

i am making a fuss about this but truly it is so I can look back and see just when it happened so I can tell doctor at next visit. I had been putting up some Christmas items and had seen some items that were in hall closet that have missed being used every year because they were not packed with Christmas stuff. So it was a wallpaper item and I just perched on edge of a recliner and was reading when I woke up in a terrible mess. My head had hit the edge of a plastic box and then the floor. unfortunately my new eyeglasses were broke ands had done some scratching on my nose as well. I tell you I have black eyeliner and red roughish look above both eyes and a cut on bridge of nose.

I may have fallen askeep but I think it might have been my oxygen cut off because my head was down. I truly do use 02 at night time so who knows. I just know I am so glad that I have another pair of glasses to wear. Pati I so wish you could get your eye exammmmms and all done. I have ruined a couple of glasses so knew how awful it is without any to wear so I was fortunate enough to ask hubby for 2 pair.

I agree about walmart eye doctors being good but it was with one from WM that scared me so bad way back in 02 about my eye troubles, the reitonapathy from high blood pressure, the mention of wet or dry machulation and cataracts. well pooh on the catracts is what I say, I don't think they are that bad as yet and I do not want to even discuss having them taken off.

I will second that also about BOLD on the writing. it makes it so much easier for someone with eye seeing problems to be able to read what is said. That is why I have asked a few times for people to use the bold feature. how sad for those with eye problems if they cannot even see what is being written here.

That visit sure set off some big time depression for me tho. yep eyes are a big bonus on my thank you page as well

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

joy ,

i'm so sorry that happened, joy. glad it wasn't any worse, bad enough it was what it was.

do you take any drugs that cause "orthostatic hypotension"? some blood pressure meds and some anxiety meds do that...when you stand up fast, you get dizzy or if you are looking up for a period of time the heart can't pump hard enough to get blood to your brain and you faint.

i remember my ex having cataracts operated on when he was in his late 50's, his eyesight was getting bad. it seems people with severe nearsightedness have higher risks for developing cataracts and having detached retinas, which the ex also had on both eyes and had to have emergency surgery twice, 2 years apart.

take care of yourself, joy ,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

tomorrow I predict your eyes will be very black. sorry this happened to you JOY! you need to see your doc & make sure you're OK? WM glasses will be reordered for you FREE. you will be sore also. so please treat yourself like a queen. cold compress might help. think of one thing: you were trying to do something productive & look what happened-so take it easy is my best advice. Pati

Joy, I hope that you go to the doctor. You shouldn't be pasting out like that. I don't think that it's a normal thing to happen.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

joy, You should go see your Dr. I wonder if you have some sotr of imbalence of something.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Joy sweetie, I think you need to check in with one of your Dr.s Maybe l read it wrong, but to gust doze off to sleep while you are perched on the arm of . A chair dose not sound right.

I know you and I both have dozed. Off in some stranger places, but you do need to check with Dr. Don't want you to just brush this aside. I care too much to have you fall in the floor or somewhere else and break a hip or leg.

Take care dear ((((joy)))) jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

as i had a schduled appointment scheduled soon i just waited. i have eye shiners above and below and a cut on nose ridge. i have more appointments to take and i had just finished a lot about a year ago when the discovered the 2 blood clots in lungs. i do get to quit the coumadin or warafin tabs as it has been a year now. take care all.

Last edited by joy; 03-07-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

​joy glad you got to the doc. Hope it's not still smartin' terribly.

Default correction

I am chanin g the dat as it was the 16 of feb. I still have a knot I had t have someone feel it aas I could not see it veru well, glasses were broke and the others were shaded. lol I probably had a mild concussion but blamed everything on neuropathy. this is still here with eyeliner. i sure am not too concerened I guess becuse a concussion did not even enter ,y thoughts at all. well more to follow but better hopefully.

this is just to keep it straight as the longer time passes, the better my thinking clears a little.

Last edited by joy; 03-13-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Joy, I hope you are doing better. you take care of yourself. life gets rough sometimes, you know. jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast