Thread: Met Dr Mokri today at Mayo

Default Met Dr Mokri today at Mayo

I'm very frustrated to say the least. I waited over 6 months to get in with Dr Mokri FINALLY i took a flight and came out to meet him today. During our appt he cancelled majority of my pre-scheduled tests (cisternogram) because he feels they will not be successful in finding a leak, as I am a slow leaker. So this is it? Just accept it? Any suggestions of questions I can ask...... Any direction. Anything? I meet with him again later this week..

Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated leaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm very frustrated to say the least. I waited over 6 months to get in with Dr Mokri FINALLY i took a flight and came out to meet him today. During our appt he cancelled majority of my pre-scheduled tests (cisternogram) because he feels they will not be successful in finding a leak, as I am a slow leaker. So this is it? Just accept it? Any suggestions of questions I can ask...... Any direction. Anything? I meet with him again later this week..
    Dr Mokri is very respected as far as I know. You are lucky to see him I'd think, I didn't have the privilege myself. I looked in some of his articles on headaches. They struck me as insightful and open-minded. He seems to have encountered far more people with strange positional leak-or-not headaches then anybody else. A good neurologist can guide you and protect you when it comes to surgical interventions. What he may be saving you from might be something you'd regret later. These tests are not risk-free (I went through too many of them myself I think, including the cisternogram - all unremarkable except from a false positive by a surgically-minded surgeon). You might ask Dr. Mokri is whether he recognizes your symptoms? What exactly is his diagnosis? How many similar patients has he seen? What is the prognosis and course of action for these patients? Do some get well on their own? What medicines tend to help? Do they learn to live with it?

good luck and give us an update when you feel like it
    P