Thread: OT Febuary ChitChat Part II

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT Febuary ChitChat Part II

Hello folks,,

Jeanie, I am still holding your hand from Iowa,,chin up,, hang in there,

Major winter storm, coming in Wednesday night, and all day Thursday, they forecasted 10 to 15 inches of heavy wet snow, with 40 miles an hour winds,,,, and to think the ground hog was wrong, imagine that,,lol

Took my solumedrol,pills, it helped like for 4 days, then it quit,,"sigh" frustrating, yes,,

My oldest son, and his wife, are divorcing, the grandkids are caught, in the middle of this,sad,,from our point of view, we never saw it coming,,{well I did, but kept quiet about it}

Everyone stay, dry, warm, vertigo,,lol,and belated birthday wishes,, for all,,

later,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, you are doing real good. I know you don't realize it yet, but just to keep going, and with your MS, is quite a feat. As Agate said it takes time and then more time before you begin to feel any real joy.

Peg, sorry about your son divorcing. Seems like the kids are the ones that usually get stuck in the middle, but they are resilent and will hopefully come out alright. I know that it hurts.

I have had a lot going on in my family lately. My oldest brother went to the hospital in Hilton Head, S.C. to have two stents put in and they were only able to do one. They had him transferred to a larger hospital in Savannah, Ga. where they did heart by-pass. He was on the ventilator and they had to keep him asleep from Tuesday until this past Saturday evening. They finally moved him to a room today and at this point he is doing well.

I have two brothers where I live that I am very close to. My middle brother - only 67 has congestive heart failure. He had first open heart surgery when he was 43 and again when he was 52. Since then they have put in a number of stents and kept him going on medication. The congestive heart failure is new and he just developed that in the past few weeks. They put him in the hospital and got rid of the fluid, put him on medication and sent him home last Monday. He has already gained the fluid back. I get frantic, but can't do anything about it. I am depressed over him and have worried much more about him than I did the one in South Carolina. The relationship is just different. I wish I did not take these things so hard. I wish I could just let go, but that is not my way and I have never been able to change that part of me.

Gary, glad they are doing something about your house that makes you feel a little better about things in your life. There will be starts and slow downs and at times outright stops if it goes like it did when we had our house built. We had a really good builder and all was worth it in the end. At first it went pretty good it seemed and then the closer it got to the end and the finishing it seemed the slower those people were. From the time they broke ground to finish it took a little over six months for us.

Hope all of you are staying warm where the cold weather is.

Will talk to all of you later.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I'm sorry you've had this worry about your brother. It sounds as if two brothers have health problems. The one with congestive heart failure may not be as bad as you fear. It sounds bad but I've had several neighbors who've had it--they were much older than your brother and they kept on going in spite of the congestive heart failure.

In fact, my next-door neighbor now is 90 and periodically goes in to have the fluid removed. Otherwise she seems to be doing fairly well.

Peg, Virginia is right about kids. They really roll with the punches. Of course we'd all prefer them not to have any punches to have to roll with but sometimes trouble can't be avoided. Anyway, I hope things will work out OK for your son and his family.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

Blog Entries

Anybody know how Cherie is doing? She hasn't been around for the last couple of weeks. Hope she's not snowed in and hope her dad isn't worse.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

I had wondered about her also. I have been thinking about Gary too. I don't recall that we have heard from him recently. I know he had a lot going on with his house the last time we heard. That was a positive thing, but he is prone to getting sick also, so it would be nice to hear how everyone is doing.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Hi all,
    Gary gave me a heads up that my name had been mentioned as one among the missing. Seems that I am busier sometimes than a one armed paper hanger. Dad is declining. Physically and Mentally. His judgement is really impaired and we cannot get him to curtail driving. He keeps starting projects in the wood shop then has to wait for one of the Amish to come and get more materials down from the loft for him as he cannot climb the stairs safely (at least he realizes that!). This morning I called out of the blue to check on him and he reported that he had fallen while out filling the bird feeders (which he does every day or two). His foot went though the snow crust about 6" and his knee twisted and he fell and could not "untwist" to reach his cell phone and call for help. Finally got "untwisted", crawled to the feeder pole nearest him and pulled himself part way up then crawled to the back door, pounded on it till it opened, crawled into the house and got himself pulled into a dining room chair and called my Mom. As of an hour ago, he is still in the ER with what he has determined is torn tendons in his Left knee. But....get this...he drove himself there!

We've had 4 Realtors on vacation for the past week with active files in my office and I have been running the gammit with mortgage companies, closing attorneys, buyers and sellers trying to answer questions and provide information that I did not have a Realtor to back me up on. Took what I thought was going to be a 3-4 day vacation to the condo in NH but came back the next day, so much was happening that needed my input. On top of that, David smashed his foot into the stair tread and broke at least one toe (won't go to the doc) and I've had to do extra errands because it is so hard for him to get around.

We lost our new tenants last week after only a 6 week tenancy and are now starting a major overhaul on the house to put in a dormer and finish the upstairs with 2 bedrooms, a bath and several closets. Started that work this morning. It'll be at least another week before we get all of the interior demolition done and materials carted off to the dump before the crew can come in with the dormer and remove the back roof and put it in place (which is good because we have about 5 inches of rain forecast in the next week).

Our two feet of snow followed by 6 inches of snow then three more inches 2 days later has been pretty much been taken care of by two days of mid 30 degree temps and rain. Lots of ice piles around with plenty of limbs and branches and twigs to clean up.

I am so very , very grateful that my health is holding. I really have not had anything that looks like a relapse since finishing the 25 months of high dose , high frequency Cytoxan. MRI a couple of months ago showed all lesions except the initial large one in the left frontal lobe seem to be gone. The brain stem lesions are included in that. God is Good. Life is Good. The treatment, ultimately, was good. It has now been 18 months tomorrow since my last infusion. The nay sayers are quick to tell me that this treatment is only expected to help for 12-24 months. My doc just does not know. I have chosen to be grateful rather than waiting for the boom to drop.

Jeanie,
    I echo Virginia and Agate that you are doing well. You are an amazing woman and continue to impress me with your stick-to-it-iveness.

Peg,
    So sorry the oral steroids did not help. Even sorrier about the divorce. Heather is going through the same thing and the boys are real troopers.

Gary,
    You can finish this house without that lottery check or Missy's credit card to secure it!

Love to all...

Blog Entries

Glad you checked in, Cherie, though your dad's situation sounds worrisome. And he sounds like quite a determined character.

Gary? You OK there?

Virginia, how's your brother doing now?

Hi folks,

Well since I jumped all over Cherie about not checking in.........

The house is coming along they are putting in the sub floor right this minute. I try not to "over" supervise. We went to my MIl for the weekend and there was a big wind storm which knocked down a black walnut tree which in turn knocked down the temp power pole. So I had to cut it up enough that they could put it back up they lost a few hours Tuesday morning I would have just put it up and re tapped it hot. But it isn't my pole or my job. So I was a good boy and left it alone.

Its funny but I have never had a new house built and at different stages the project looks huge and then the next stage looks way too small. Yes it is hard not to put on my tool belt and take over. The utility company wants $5,000 to install the underground power line from the pole to the house so I am going to dig the trench and glue the pipe together and cover it back up. Digging with the backhoe NOT a shovel lol. Its 250 feet and I have 2 weeks to do it so I am doing a bit everyday. The general contractor is just tickled to death that I can do it and he is not used to having equipment and an operator at his disposal.

I found out that somehow he knows my daughter and SIL which means that I HAVE to behave. To explain Cherie's comment I posted on another site that I received an email that said I have won $750,000 and all I needed to do was send in my credit card for handling and tax fees. My wife said no. So I posted asking my daughter for her CC and she said.....well I guess I wont be doing it. Ha ha ha

MS is grumbling my feet and legs are really giving me trouble. Nothing seems to help I am trying PT but it hurts to the point that it is a waste of money until I can get it under control. Glad the new house has no stairs.

Almost the first of March think spring everybody. Its been a really long winter.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

No wonder you can't check in, what with backhoeing and other
    hard stuff...LOL
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

New primary care dude had a lot of blood work done on me recently.

Got a call and it looks like I have a sluggish thyroid so i have started low dose thyroid meds.
    Could be interesting. My lethargy has been phenomenal the last 4-5 months.

I'm going to blame it on all the intravenous image enhancers over the last year.
    Sounds like a good scapegoat to me.