Now screen is too light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now screen is too light

What should I attempt now ....... this screen on a little hp laptop with Windows 7 is now too light. I clicked on everything but could find no help ........ well, no help I could understand.hee hee - when that Java warning came (I have java) I tried to find how to remove that and never succeeded ~sigh~
    TIA

Jingle, look under Security Alert. How to get rid of Java.

Good luck, j
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Jo ---- thanks, but do I still want/need to get rid of Java? How can you go on without java?

Comment

Jingle here is a site that gives a relatively simple explanation. from what I can tell there are still some apps and sites that need Java to run but I imagine you would have to know what those are.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Hope you can make sense oh my rambling. Jo

totally ignorant about anything on a computer. If we didn't have Mike and then have Ken to walk me thru it l would be dummer than a box of rocks
          Last edited by Jo6; 02-13-2013, 01:24 PM. Reason: wrong info
          Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
          'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Java? Java Script? Good grief ..... I don't even know what I have - or what I need. Isn't it amazing that I keep plugging along?

Comment

Javascript isn't something you set up on your computer. It's a coding language that is widely used all over the internet to do what Java does ... but safer

Only a few banking apps and some old school websites will actually require you to use Java. 90% of computer users can disable Java and never miss it

Jingle I'm not sure if your laptop has any physical controls for the brightness. Do you see any buttons on the frame of the display that look like a sun?
              Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
              Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
              Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
              Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
              Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
              Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
              Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Thanks Mike -- no sun here.

Comment

Well phooey that would've been easy Which laptop do you have?
                  Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                  Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                  Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                  Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                  Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                  Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                  Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Working...
                  X