View Poll Results: What is your preference about "sticky" threads from the old board?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Useful Websites sticky - bring from old board

2 40.00%
  • Sticky for Evidence for conventional and alternative MS therapies - bring from old board

2 40.00%
  • Mike (Grassman) sticky - bring from old board

0 0%
  • Fur Babies Album sticky - bring from old board

1 20.00%
  • Don't bring any stickies from the old board

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stickies from old board?

New Community Member

I would have voted to bring all but the fur babies one, had I got to the poll in time.

Cherie
    ''In the last analysis, we see only what we are ready to see, what we have been taught to see. We eliminate and ignore everything that is not a part of our prejudices"

Jean-Martin Charcot, 1825 - 1893

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks to all who voted or tried to vote!

I'll be setting up stickies with links to the four stickies we used to have.

If people dislike them, I'm assuming we can always have them unstuck, and they will just drop down on the board like ordinary posts. At least we can give them a try and see how we get along with them.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Blog Entries

The Useful Websites sticky has been updated. I've checked and re-checked the remaining links and they should be working.

I've asked the moderators to put the Useful Websites sticky at the top of the page because its information is more current than the other 3 stickies.

Comments or suggestions are welcome.

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks , Agate, great job on the websites and you have made it really useful.

I am not understanding the point of the poll in the first place as all stickies transferred??
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Blog Entries

Thanks for noticing the updated Websites sticky. One trouble with links is that after a while they often go bad. Many of the links in the archived Websites thread were no longer functioning.

About the poll: Since so few votes were cast, and one person would have voted but got here a bit late, I decided to put up all four of the original stickies. We can always ask the moderators to unsticky any we no longer want.

At least we'll have had a chance to see how they'd look if they're all here. Since this board has undergone a major change in its appearance, this is our chance to affect that appearance. The stickies are probably the first thing anyone sees when coming here.

The votes were 2 in favor of each option except Fur Babies (1) and Mike Grassman's memorial thread, which got one vote that is questionable because it was late but not very.

I'm in favor of doing another poll now that we can see what the stickies are going to look like. If anyone feels strongly against having a new poll, please speak up.

The results of the first poll were ambiguous, and so we need another one--that's my opinion.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Agate, maybe we should wait for more people to show up?

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Blog Entries

Excellent idea, Vicky! People are still having problems logging in, and the new appearance of the board takes a bit of adjustment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12