Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT Febuary Chit Chat

Hi everyone,, lets just say brrrr, in Iowa,, 25 below windchill,,, but its going to warm,,someday,,lol

Anyone ever do the compound solumdrel pill for MS?,, I never knew, it was in a pill form, always did the IV treatments,,, so as soon as my insurance gurus, ok this, I am getting, it, but of course with predizone tapers,,

Sam has decided she wants to be a housedog,,to cold for her,, she has a kennel full of straw, she is not hurting,,we are going to hate shaving her this spring,, her coat is so beautful, but if it gets hot, she is going to be glad we did,,

Everyone hang in there,, there is a light, at the end of the tunnel,, unless it burned out,,

later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Everyone hang in there,, there is a light, at the end of the tunnel,, unless it burned out,,
    Yeah or its an oncoming train toot toot.

Well another month closer to spring. It has warmed up enough that the snow and ice is melting FAST. But not the ice floes in the Snake River we drove down to the river at the back of the farm and some of them are 4 and 5 feet thick smashed up against the bank. I am glad that we pulled the smaller irrigation pumps last fall.

Our new house construction is supposed to begin next week. So tired of all of it already. I had a go around over the compaction of the old basement. I won. My next house is going to be Parkview cemetery and so this one is going to be built to last because I intend to be around for a long time.

Peg let me know more about the pill that would be a great improvement and despite what the "experts" say I will not do IVSM with out a taper I have and it is so miserable it darn near throws me back into another flare.

And so it goes......

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Unhappy My David passed away

:) Hi everyone. David died this morning. When I got up about 9:30 I saw him relaxed in the hot tub, which he does every morning. I went to the bathroom and got dressed and went out to to call to him and he was in the exact same position I had seen him earlier. I could not get out there without a walker but looking through the window I could not see his chest rising and falling. I called 911.

They arrived in minutes and drug him out of the hot tub and put him on the floor. Then they said he had been dead awhile so there was no point doing CPR. I wish they had taken him to the VA last night and he might still be alive. Both of my sons came right over. The lady sheriff stayed here until the medical examiner came and got him. The have completed an autopsy but the results will not be available for a week or so. His head was resting on the side of the hot tub so I do not think he drowned. Maybe the stomach pains were an aneurysm or a blockage or something or maybe he had a stroke.

David's Mother and sisters are flying here Sunday afternoon and evening. Even though we have official Palm Beach County Domestic Partnership they insist his Mother must fill out a form for the funeral home and the funeral home will get the body released. I cannot do it.

My sons stayed all day and the lady sheriff came back by with a priest who said a prayer with me. I am waiting for a call with a fax number the funeral home can send the form to for David's Mother to sign and fax it back. I am just numb. It is only 45 days since Mother died. I am going to call some numbers in David's phone. I'm sure I will cry some more although I think I cried enough but it does seem to help.

I copied this from January's chit chat.
    Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks, Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

What a tremendous loss and hole in your heart Jeanie! It is horrible and at the same time, I am sure this is what David wanted....not to linger with little hope left. On top of the loss of your mom, this is HUGE. Holding you and praying for you.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

My dad is not doing well. Heading for Upstate again in the morning for a few days. Oncologist on Tuesday. Repeat scans show the metastasis has spread throughout his bones and it looks from the CT scans like the cancer has taken hold in bladder, kidneys and liver. He is much weaker than 6 months ago and cognitively slipping big time but refusing to admit that and insisting that he stay driving daily. Many close calls lately.

Sister Tricia who is his Health Care Proxy has not bounced back from removal of her kidney for a cancer that was discovered when they were trying to find cause of systemic inflammation. Inflammation is worse and she is barely walking. Tuesday Dad and she have appointment with Oncologist then she has appointment with Rheumatologist so I am heading out in the morning for the thousand mile round trip to support and attend appointments then drive back home after appts Tuesday.

I broke my sternum 3 weeks ago and it is finally improving to where I can take a deep breath or cough without pain. BP is heading skyward again and we are wondering if this is signaling that the Cytoxan is wearing off on treatment of the brain stem lesions and I may need another round of chemo.

Becky being Ordained to Episcopal priesthood a week from Sunday. Vestments all done.

Sorry I have been so absent.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) You and your family are in my prayers. In fact I pray for all the boiard posters nightly. Have a safe trip. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Again Jeanie, I am so sorry for the loss of your David.
    I am glad your Sons are there to comfort you.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Oh Jeanie, this is such sad news,,{{{ hugs from Iowa}}}, I am holding your hand,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie know that all of us are here for you. If not in person then in spirit. Please take advantage of our collective positive thoughts. I echo Cherie thoughts David is no long in pain.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Jeanie,

I am so sorry for your losses. This must be overwhelming for you.

My deepest condolences to you during such a difficult, painful time.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast