Thread: Can I have a name change?

New Community Member

Default Can I have a name change?

I was wonder if I can change my name to Army Wife? Please

I just got married to an Army man.

Welcome to BT, Sister Kristina!

The Terms of Service (TOS) state:

How can I change my user profile? How about changing my Username? What if I want to "un-register?"
    You may easily change a great deal of your info stored in your User Control Panel.
    You CANNOT change your username. Allowing people to randomly change their username would lead to problems with trust and responsibility. In BrainTalk, who you are is essentially your unchangable USERNAME and WHAT YOU POST.

If you REALLY want to change your username, simply register a NEW account with a NEW email address. You cannot use the same email address as your previous account...you MUST register with a new one.

As for "un-registering," there really is no such thing. If you do not want to use this service any more, simply do not log on anymore. When I delete user accounts, it only deletes the user PROFILE...it does NOT delete all the POSTS made by the user. A deleted user will NEVER be able to edit their old posts or profile. I will NEVER divulge your email address to anyone, and if you ever decide to COME BACK to the forums, you will still be able to login with your old username.
    All you have to do is register again with the name you want to use now, but remember to use a different email address when you register. You have 3 posts as "Sister Kristina" and these posts will remain. When you post with your new name, your post count will restart with 1.

I have to tell you that the name "ArmyWife" is already taken, so you will have to find some variation of that name.
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 01-28-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.