Thread: brother

Distinguished Community Member

Default brother

well tomorrow brothe has his cancer surgery. it is in a town a long way from here so we will just have to wait for phone calls and asll to see how it goes. I am not looking for trouble and so I have kept my anxiety down fairly well.

There has been so much happening and I have not felt up to posting much as my hands are absolutely hurting so much at times, even on my oain medicine. I am sure it is the nerves dying because it reminds me of the pain I had in my feet. MJust takes my breath away when the pain starts.

Now about my friend Donna. That father-in-law that was so onery with her, has passed away. I am so glad that the last time Donna wwas here and we were talking about things, esp. her FIL, that I had a chance to say something on his behalf. He was old after. I told Donna that my own mother had gotten quiet and withdrawn in her older years. And said after all, what is there for oldpeople to do, but dread their future at times. they aren't getting any younger, things of that sort.

And you all may recall that Dona wants hubby to speak at her funeral. Well he got to practice on her FIL. It was a miserabl e day with sleet coming down. e got to meet her husband's three brothers etc. it was a shame but they had to just turn around after eating and head back to places north, Minnesota being the fartherest!

Donna has had some surgery on her eyes and she can see really well plus they needed to do something about one of her eyes because of her cancer. I told you al wrong, herf cancer started as ovarian and spread big time. She is still holding on acting cheery and full of hope. I am so blessed to know this woman. it makes all my petty complaining just that petty. butheck you all know I am worse than any kid with their candy taken away about some things. I just don't hardly ever cry is all but moiuth off about it. tee hee.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Joy, it's so good to hear from you. Yes, I remember Donna and have . been wondering how she was. I was also wondering how you were doing since we had not heard from you.

I am so sorry about your hands. It is hard to do much of anything when the hands decide to take . a break. I'm having a hard time trying to type on this kindle. The pinched nerves in my right hand is being bad today. Always . something.

It's so dark and gray today. The wind is blowing hard also. No more snow and freezing rain. I would be happy if the snow was all until next t year. Dream on granny grits.

Happy days and sunshine for all today, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

joy ,

thinking about your brother today and hoping he did well with the surgery.

i'll keep good thoughts and pray for a good outcome!

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Joy, hope your brother's surgery goes well!sorry about your hannds getting worse.

brothers surgery is over and I am hoping he can come back home soon. He is further away at a hospital in a bigger city than ours right now.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

joy how are things going with your brothers healing? Well I hope.

he has had his surgery and is home. That isall I knowand I am hopefully assuming that they got it all and that he will be ok. Thanks so much for asking. I was terrified at first with stinking felingsof cazncer get everyone but finally reminded myself of sme success people have had with getting over it.