i know the pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know the pain

I am very familiar of the awful pain caused by the fifth nerve going haywired. I have several crainial nerves that have gone the same path as well in fact. This has been a summer ruined by teeth in fact. Hubby having to have a root canal and since he has eart problems already he had to take sso many antiobiotics that all his good bugs were killed. He is not back to normal yet.

It is my daughter having a lower jaw tooth pulled that is worrying me most. She has a throbbing like pain and dentist say it is not a dry socket,, finnaly suggeating it might be TMJ. All this just made me think back to my long struggle to finally have my own problems diagnosed. It was in the early 90's, I had some kind of dentist appointment just before lunch and I did not get any answers at that visit either.

I had a lunch planned before my regular doctor visit that was scheduled for later. I remember that first strike as if it were yesterday. Since it was fresh on my mind I mentioned it to my regular physician. He suggested what he thought it was and he was correct. I am so hoping my daughter is not going to be the same. She is approaching her forties in a few years. I do remember that I had so many different weird problems all before my female problems became better after (blush) change of life, cluster headaches, miagraines etc. My menieres has stayed with me as well.

I am usually on the Emtional Support forum in fact since my pains are so varied and I know it won't be long before those that suffer from TN will fill the forum with statements like mine and newcomers with questions of their own.

Hi Joy,

Are you the same person who used to post on the forum a few years ago?

Take care,

Anne

Comment

I have posted on TN forum off and on for years. But I mostly stay on the Emotional Support forum as I do have several different types of things that kick my hiney. Just makes it easier for me that way. I know if the day ever comes when I can't recall my bouts of tn, I'll be really outta it. I know you all understand that. I stay on top of it pretty much because of all the various meds I do have to take anyway. But just let me lapse by being a little to late, I get a reminder

So I really am concerned about my dauighter. I don't want to see her start off down that same path but so far it has not done any strikes, just has her throbbing. Of course I believe they said it was TMJ. Yeah, just like they did for me at first. Good luck to any and everyone dealing with it. My Meniere's will put me down when it does it full blown things as well. Hubby has to help as I am completely helpless with that. Can't move etc unless I have my lovely "bucket" for naseau with me. Always something it seems but I do appreciate it when nothing is going on so much. Have some trouble occasionally with the throat as well but not as bad as the others.

I remember remarking that one time, well just nine more nerves to go. Drat it, I now have dead feet and hands are half dead from Idiopathic Peripheral neuropathy. Stuff is all over my body, thighs burning etc, tho that is a piece of cake compared to how bad the nerves in feet and hands get when dying. I have nice burn marks on feet from riding a 4-wheeler and holding my foot right on the hot part blistering my ankle bone big time. I am some better as I cannot be as active since I am dead from the knees down. I still can walk tho not so fast. So makes me thankful for what I still can do. I use to have so many injuries that 3-time week therapy was nothing. Wearing a boot on right foot for so long hubby took the first chance to retire as he had to drive me to doctor and therapy.

Sorry but unless Joy has the same going on, doubt it is me you are thinking of. I believe since you used a capital, it was not me tho. I always use the small j on my posts. I do remember there was a Joy myself. I wonder about a lot of people myself. I read more than I posted usually as everyone did such a good job of helping and there are newer medicines and all as mine started back in early 90's.

I hope everyone has a restful night.

Comment

Hi Joy,

It could still be you I am thinking of as I always automatically write people's first name with a capital letter.
        Did the dentist give a particular reason for wanting to pull your daughter's tooth? Is there evidence of this needing to be done, like for example on an xray?

Take care,

Anne

Comment

Yes Anne it had broken off and had been that way for quite some time. She takes seziure medicine and really had a time with her teeth as it is. I do not ask her about it on purpose and she has not mentioned it for the last two day. I am so hoping that it will be GONE. Mine bothered for for quite some time before it got really bad. I know I don't need to explain why I am fearful to this group.

Funny thing sort of, her daughter, my only sweet grand daughter has pulled every tooth that needed it in her 11 and 1/2 years. The last two were jaw like teeth, LOL. It is going to break her little heart the first time she is up against a tooth she or her pappy can't pull. Grandson at six is pretty brave with tooth pulling as well.

Hubby had an infected tooth this summer and ALL summer he had to take antbiotic before his dentist appointment. Killed off all his good bugs and prevented us from getting to go to lake but for two small trips. For once it wasn't me with the tooth aching. He was given the probiotics pills to take because the antibotics sure did a number on him. He complained oh no when the doctor this time, not dentist gave him more antibiotics, LOL. We both still have something going on and not sure what it is too. But I am sure it is not TN strikes. Those things are like nothing else. I am sure I won't get an argument here about that, LOL.

Comment

Hi Joy,

Is it possible for your daughter to have a second opinion?

How is she doing? Is her jaw still throbbing?

Anne

Comment

yhanks for asking. she did not mention it yeasterday so i am hoping iy is better. they have fotten a business started back so it may be she is just overworked and did not mention it. but i know if it doesn't leave completly she will be mentioning it again. she has ven seziure free now almost for three years and i am tickled about that. restless legs bas back and all before forty, she has not had it easy either ;ole a lot of us haven't. grand daughter was measured at five feet tall yesterday. just one or so mre inches and an 11 year old will be as tall as my daughter.

i wanted a laerge family but couddonly manage to adopt wo. lucky for hubby and i we havea girl and a boy. but drat it all, for all the time and trouble we went to making sure they were not only childd, they each had just one, lol. so i really adofre my girls girl and boys boy.

If it does turn out bad daughter will be in a bad spot as her husband's family are so against meds. even complain about her sezoire ,eds at times. never seem such a family that thinks they re authorities on medicl issues and pain meds or such is not somerhing they approve of. makes mewish they knew a bit of what [ain is sometimes. oh well not nice but i am flat on back today zo not best typing or mood, lol.

Comment

you can help me out my finding generation manufactured tn thru tatoo implant-does it run thru or too the temple? how can one sue if given the disorder thru database? I dont think an mvd was indicated-son of man videos. can you hear when you watch movies-which types-luv the satellite mir

Comment

Welcome, KatherineNorth! I hope joy will see your reply though it's been a couple of months since she posted.

In the meantime, please feel free to ask questions if there's anything you'd like to know about, and roam around here among the various forums. We are always glad to have new people here and hope you'll feel like staying.
                  Attached Files
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                  X