Thread: brother

Distinguished Community Member

Default brother

well i have not said anything about what is going on with my brother. i guess i was still wishing it would go away but i know better all to well that it won't. i have know several men who have had prostrate cancer and after a few things they can do, it turned out okay and all were fine. that has kept me from going bonkers for a time but it has ended. seems brother has had a lot of pain and so they did further testing that shows a mass in his kidneys. so the surgery they had planned has been put off until they can explore this further. all my old cancer fears that i got while staying on daddys' cancer ward, all the men that i got to know that died all of it is trying to creap back and i am trying y best to keep positive thoughts about it all.

big cyber hug for you (((((JOY)))))

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

(((joy))),

i will pray for your brother and hope something can be done for the mass or maybe he can get a new kidney.

usually prostate cancer develops slowly in men who get it older, like over 75. if they get it earlier, it's usually a more agressive form, that's what i've read.

positive thought's are great, not only for the other person, but for YOU! whatever is going to happen will happen, even though it hurt's we can't do much, as i have learned. being positive keep's us available for all the other people in our live's who look to us for support and love, like your hubby and your grandchildren. stay positive for joy and them!

i hope for a positive outcome for your brother and acceptance for you for whatever may happen.

, jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Joy
    I pray that your brother will be one of the lucky ones and everything will turn out ok.

Like you told me when my niece passed away, cancer shows no bias and occurs in the young and the old.

My only brother passed away from cancer over 20 years ago. He was 56 at that time. He had a very aggressive form that kept coming back. He still remains alive in my heart to this date.

Try and keep that positive outlook. What else can you or anyone do in that situation?

Take Care Dear Lady

mrs j

dear joy....you and your brother are in my thoughts and prayers. my father had prostate cancer for over 12 yrs and they just did watch and wait. it then invaded his bones and with only hormone treatments and a bit of radiation he lived over 2 more years and he was in his late 80's. i hope that your brothers exploratory testing turns out some good news. i know it is difficult but try to think positive....you are in my thoughts, diandra(from the chronic pain forum)

thanks so much yt each and every one of you.
    Last edited by joy; 12-18-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Hi Joy,

My prayers are with your brother and your family that all goes well. I have had many family members that have had different forms of cancer and I know it's hard on them and others in the family.
    Put your faith and trust in God and He will see you through. Wishing you and your family only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh joy honey I am so sorry. Lots of prayers and hugs for you all.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

joy, I am so sorry . my prayers are with you. l think of you all the time and wonder if the blood clots have resolved yet'. l am writing this on my kindle and lam slow.
    just wanted to let you know l was thinking about you. l send my love and prayers your way.((((hugs to joy)))) jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben