Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today, we are hugging our children a little longer and a little tighter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, we are hugging our children a little longer and a little tighter.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Love to all my CN friends, xoxDonna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Yes you do,
    this has been a very sad day for everyone that's a parent, or Grandparent.i have them in my heart and prayers,the days and weeks that will follow will be even harder for the families and fellow student's.
    Ging

Comment

I accidentally put on CNN this morning... cried all day for all of the people affected. I'm in Canada and because the US is our neighbour it feels like it was at home. My love and prayers go out to all...
      Brain/Pit tumor=17 brain surgeries 20year csf leak(Feb, 1993) After initial tumor removal!, SPMS , Hydrocephalus from a intraventricular hemorrhage! Panhypopituitary, Diabetes Insipidus, tension pneumatocele, ( air under the skull next to the brain), 2 craniofacial craniotomies, several shunt revisions, 7 bifrontal craniotomies ... Dag "If I started crying I wouldn't stop!

Comment

I am in Canada too and yes, it does feel like it happened next door to people who could be our families.
        Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
        Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

((((((Donna))))))

We are family. All of us, the world over.

And these horrible nightmarish tragedies are just too common.

We are not safe to go to the mall (Portland, OR earlier this week), a public meeting with our representative (Tucson, AZ), church (Sikh temple in Michigan), a movie theater (Aurora, CO), or to send our children to school (Sandy Hook, CT, and 30 other schools throughout the country since Columbine).

When is enough enough?

As a grieving parent, I understand some of the anguish the parents of the Sandy Hook children and adults are feeling now. Nothing is comparable to the pain of losing your child. Nothing.

But I cannot fathom the magnitude of their shock and their despair.

I do remember the terror I felt in a similar situation.

In 1976, a mass murder occurred in the library on the campus university, where Michael's school program was also located. I learned the news from my dad, as he ran into my parents' house, where we were having lunch, and announced it to me. I rushed to the university, my heart racing, filled with fear, to find that the situation was under control, the gunman was in custody, and while the shots could be heard from Michael's classroom, they were far enough away from the library to be out of danger. I held Michael in my arms so tightly, kissing him, rocking him. He had no idea what was going on. He was 6 years old.

One of the seven victims was my former husband's (to whom I was married at the time) mentor. This professor was 72 years old.

Thirty-seven years ago, such an atrocity was unusual and rare. Now, unfortunately, it is all too frequent, as we move from one shooting crisis to another.

We must all dedicate ourselves to doing something about this, to prevent it from happening over and over again.

Tears and prayers will not stop a bullet.

While we weep and pray for those lost children and their grieving parents, and for all who know and love them, let's work toward ensuring that no parents ever have to bury their child after a mass shooting again.

It's the least and the most we can do for them and for humanity.

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

it seems the usa mental health system is a big joke with meds that do a lot of bad

these things never get changed

nothing does for the better

maybe at 10 tonight ill listen to coasttocoast am .com

theyll discuss the shootings maybe

Comment

it is horrible and has happened in my area and the shooters were actually still children themselves. that was i believe the most shocking thing about all of that, two young boys planning on murdering as any students and teachers as they could.

i can get it off my mind niow for a short time but it is back right away. i had forgotten and turned on the tv when i went to bed, for the tv sound to off-set my meneres diisease sound that i have in my ears. bothers me when it is quiet worse than with background noise. and of course the coverage of this tradegy was on and sleep is off so i decided i might as well catch up on things here. so small and so precious were those children.

Comment

This incident and others like it are alway shocking and heartbreaking but most of all it feel so sensless and preventable. We had an incident at our local school 10 years ago not nearly as devestating but definatly heartbreaking for our town. It was a classmate of my oldest daughters they were 15 at the time. I knew the young man since they were 4 very nice family. They were a neighbor. I found out that the high school was under lock down and possible shots fired on the news. It was an imediate panic like I had never felt before and helplessness. I sat by the TV watching it unfold little by little hearing that a teacher had been shot. I finally got a call from my daughter saying she was OK. She ahd been hiding in the Library with others and some teachers but heard it. A teacher had been shot but survived the principal had tackled the gunman and disarmed him and held him till the police arived. Apparently there had been lots of red flags, lots of problems and the school just kept punishing and looking the other way. Pawning the responsiblity off and not addressing his needs. The saddest part for me was that this boy who probably intended to but didn't murder anyone and who had obviosue mental issues and was acting out probably looking for help for a long time was sentenced to 27 years in adult prison at 15 yrs old. I think it angered me because within that year a local boy(another classmate of my daughters and a good friend of the shooter) was killed by a drunk driver, repeat offender who was sentenced to just 2 years in prison. HE killed someone and drove away and left him to die. I dont' think we take seriosly what mental stress and issues our young people are dealing with. They are forced to grow up so fast and pushed to be perfect, they're bullied and they are not praised for their differences but teased and bullied becasue they may be smart, "geeky", shy, etc. When will steps be taken to really prevent this kind of tragedy.
                Mary Grace

Comment

Originally posted by clouds z View Post
                  it seems the usa mental health system is a big joke with meds that do a lot of bad

these things never get changed

nothing does for the better

maybe at 10 tonight ill listen to coasttocoast am .com

theyll discuss the shootings maybe
                  Totally agree! The meds themselves cause mental problems.

I will certainly be praying. I saw what happened to my friend after having a miscarriage but I can only imagine what these families are going through. So heartbreaking. I heard one story about a 6 year old boy who grabbed his friends and ran out pass the gunman to safety. Amazing that kid survived.
                  Last edited by funnylegs4; 12-16-2012, 08:16 AM.
                  Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                  My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

listening to that on Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Originally posted by mg12061 View Post
                      This incident and others like it are alway shocking and heartbreaking but most of all it feel so sensless and preventable. We had an incident at our local school 10 years ago not nearly as devestating but definatly heartbreaking for our town. It was a classmate of my oldest daughters they were 15 at the time. I knew the young man since they were 4 very nice family. They were a neighbor. I found out that the high school was under lock down and possible shots fired on the news. It was an imediate panic like I had never felt before and helplessness. I sat by the TV watching it unfold little by little hearing that a teacher had been shot. I finally got a call from my daughter saying she was OK. She ahd been hiding in the Library with others and some teachers but heard it. A teacher had been shot but survived the principal had tackled the gunman and disarmed him and held him till the police arived. Apparently there had been lots of red flags, lots of problems and the school just kept punishing and looking the other way. Pawning the responsiblity off and not addressing his needs. The saddest part for me was that this boy who probably intended to but didn't murder anyone and who had obviosue mental issues and was acting out probably looking for help for a long time was sentenced to 27 years in adult prison at 15 yrs old. I think it angered me because within that year a local boy(another classmate of my daughters and a good friend of the shooter) was killed by a drunk driver, repeat offender who was sentenced to just 2 years in prison. HE killed someone and drove away and left him to die. I dont' think we take seriosly what mental stress and issues our young people are dealing with. They are forced to grow up so fast and pushed to be perfect, they're bullied and they are not praised for their differences but teased and bullied becasue they may be smart, "geeky", shy, etc. When will steps be taken to really prevent this kind of tragedy.
                      Mary Grace

YES USA IS A TOTALLY UNJUST SOCIETY -I AGREE!

give the driver 25 years

the kid?he should have got?not sure12-15?cant decide

Comment

Working...
                      X