Thread: Problem with posting

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Problem with posting

This probably has some simple solution but I haven't found it. It's happened before at times.

When I'm typing a post and have written a few sentences, then go back and want to insert some additional material, the rest of the post--everything after where I'm typing--starts disappearing, moving out of sight from right to left.

The only way of dealing with this is to draft the post in Word, then copy and paste it here, but I'd prefer not to have to do that. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Blog Entries

Hiyas agate :)

Out of curiosity have you tried submitting the post without bothering to retype the parts that are disappearing? If not would you please do so and see if it looks "right" when you do? It sounds like a word wrapping issue that could be because of how much zoom you use. Without a video or a picture or two it's a little hard to know for sure.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

OK, I'll give this a try by posting anything that comes to mind and trying to change the post, then submitting it as is without retyping what's missing:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. When in the course of human events it becomes necessary

Inserting subject matter hereago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation
    Last edited by agate; 12-13-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Inserted material changed to blue

Blog Entries

It posted as the garbled version. The previous text ("Fourscore and seven years") wasn't restored. I'll go back and highlight what I inserted.

Blog Entries

Are you editing the post (after posting the first time) and having the problem? Or are you typing the post, and after the auto save feature kicks in you are going back and changing the post?

You said the previous text wasn't restored ... would you please elaborate on that some more?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

I'll check this out and this time I'll just copy your post by typing it as an example.

Are you editing your post (after posting the first time) and having the problem? Insert new material here Or are you typing the post, and after the autosave feature kicks in you are going back and changing the post?

This time I didn't have the problem! I'll try making a paragraph:

Are you editing your post (after posting the first time) and having the problem?

Or are you typing the post,Insert new material here and after the autosave feature kicks in you are going back and changing the post?

I've tried it two ways--no problem this time. But to answer your question, the autosave feature usually has kicked in before I finish typing a post, and it had this time too. I don't think it was the problem.

This has been a problem I've had sometimes with BT posting but not always. It seems to have fixed itself. And no, I'm talking about what happens while I'm typing the original post, not what happens later if I come back and edit it.

Blog Entries

Perplexing because it's a random issue. Have you ran spybot or malwarebytes lately? Off the top of my head I can't think of any virus or spyware that could cause this, but I'm far from an expert on those matters

Step 1 - log in

Blog Entries

I have Spyware Blaster and Windows Defender running regularly and no problems are showing up. I checked my NAV, which is also running regularly, and the application ratings show 96.7% "trusted," 3.3% "good," and 0% unproven or poor.

The problem isn't happening now. Maybe it's fixed itself and will stay fixed. Thank you for looking into it. I thought maybe other people were having the same problem but apparently not.
    Last edited by agate; 12-15-2012 at 10:06 AM.