Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Christmas Baking blog post, just for fun Plus a recipe!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Lisa))))))

How is Caitlin? I hope her seizures have stopped. I'm praying for her and you.

How did the Christmas program go? I'll bet your kids are just so darling up there on stage! Awwww ...

Shopping suggestions:

Gift certificates!
    Shop On Line! (I do!)

Wrapping suggestions:

Gift bags and tissue paper. Reusable, less mess after presents are opened.

Starting a diet during the holidays? Brave of you! Good Luck!!!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

She's doing ok...not bad enough to take to ER, but something is not right. It's a bummer to have this at this time of yr. :( She did do an excellent job at the early service on sunday! Loud and clear, everyone could hear her lines! There was a collective 'awwww' after she said them! :) I still have to get the pics & videos off my cameras and onto computer yet. It's been a bit crazy here lately. Brian's truck is in the shop and I had to take my van in and lots of school stuff and then Christmas on top of it all...sigh! Off track! She was a bit out of it at the 10am service (they had to do both), still said her lines but I observed her eyes going weird (best explanation!) for a bit. Neurosurgery called me back on monday and today. Tomorrow I will take her to our local hospital to get a chest xray (to check shunt hardware) and also a quick brain MRI (also for shunt--ventricle size). I am so relieved they are letting me do it locally, I specifically requested it. So instead of wasting a whole day going to Milwaukee, we will only be gone for a little over an hour, YAY!!! I will have her back at school in time for lunch. Through all this I've been redoing her room kindof as a "well it's time to get rid of the kiddie stuff"/birthday present and her new bed is coming tomorrow....got the message tonight of the delivery time...so relieved it's coming between 2-4pm exactly the time I will be at home! Whew! Planning to go xmas shopping tomorrow night, toys r us has a good sale today & tomorrow. I did buy some stuff already via online, but for the rest of what I am getting the kids I want to see & touch it first. I did work on my excel spreadsheet today...all ready to go! LOL! I have a huge chart (4 kids, plus niece & nephew, and our parents)! Glad my parents said gift certificates for places, but B's parents always tell me items to get. They like to shop though (and I don't, lol!). Like they go shopping for fun, I only go for a purpose. It was fun shopping for Caitlin's room stuff though, but for that, there was a purpose. :) I'll put up a pic when it's all done. For the wrapping, I used to do even better....I would open up all the kids toys and free them from the excess packaging and put them all into one big box. Each kid got one box to unwrap! Until the year the Brandon was probably age 5-6 and came out that morning and looked so disappointed to only see those 3 boxes under the tree! I still do 'each kid gets a box with a bunch of stuff in it', but now I wrap a few things separately so they get that thrill of opening that they seem to want. It was always nice that they could then play with stuff right away so Brian & I could make a big breakfast while they were busy. :) Gotta go do some laundry & dishes...was gone all afternoon and didn't get home until 8:30pm tonight.

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hello again!

Here is a link to the room redo album on my fb....I set it to public so you could see what I did so far. It's happening in phases. :) This was when I painted it while Brian was up north deer hunting...it's just better if I do that stuff when he isn't home to tell me I am dripping here and there! LOL! http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...3181764&type=3

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12