Thread: when you google braintalk its not really found

Distinguished Community Member

Default when you google braintalk its not really found

just 2011 archives are found
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((clouds z))))))

I just Googled BrainTalk, and links to our site did come up:

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

The first link listed appears to be to the archives. But the link below it is for our current home page.

It would be nice if it were the other way around, though. I have no idea how that arrangement is decided, by Google, or by the way the site is input. Not a computer person, but I do know our link is there.

We can be found!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tried Googling BrainTalk and found 3 entries right at the top of the page. There can be temporary glitches in the way Google finds things, I think.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Blog Entries

I always find Braintalk on google. Just scroll down to the 2nd or 3rd result. The first is always the archives.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Blog Entries

I wanted the archives to rank as high or higher so folks would be able to find them easy. Over time the archives will slip below the live site in the rankings, only by one or two positions though
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

when you google braintalk its not really found"-if i Google that i can find this

otherwise i cannot

im using yahoo search engine
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

Blog Entries

Hello cloudz :)

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, there was an issue with the yahoo search engine not accepting our site map (instructions about how to list our community) which I have hopefully remedied. Please let me know if you still can't bring up the main site in a few days using yahoo.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

i think its ok now