Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT December Chit Chat

Hi everyone,, hope you are doing as good as you can,,

Trying to figure out, what season, Iowa is in..it goes up and down, now its sixty five,, and sunshine,, welcome to Iowa, where it can be any season,,

Anyone venture into town, for black Friday ?? I used too. but I hate crowds,,we gave our DIL, money to shop for the grandkids,,works for me..

Deer season starts tomorrow, and this year, I don't have to, work, to feed everyone,,weird,,

well take care, my mind wandered, have to go see if it needs bail money..
    Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 12-01-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. My Mother was admitted to the hospital yesterday. She went to the doctors office with her plus4 edema of both feet in the morning and he sent her to the hospital. She wound up in the ER until almost 8 PM. I tried to reach her or a nurse and got nowhere. Finally they gave me a room number about 8 PM and I called and there was no answer. Apparently Mother was asleep.

This morning at 9:30 I called her and she said her feet had gone down quite a bit. Her friend called my sister and will help Mother with clothes, etc. Bill was there this morning. I called again just now and Mother was having lunch. My sister is insistent that Mother not go to rehab and have 24/7 care at home. David and I plan to visit Mother for Christmas.

David went to the motorcycle swap meet about 200 miles from here on Sunday. Heleft this morning in the RV and will come home Sunday evening. He is on 1/2 dose of chemo now but still has blisters on his feet.

My cough is a little better but I will keep the 19th appointment. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-01-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: correction

Smile

:) Hi everyone. My Mother's heart rate was racing this AM and two doctors treated her with medicine injected into her veins. She said she was scared when it was happening.

I just had a call from Bill and they are moving Mother to ICU. Her BP has gone very low. My sister is going to fly there tomorrow. I am really worried.

It is hard to be so far away and ony have phone contacts. Please keep the prayers going. Thanks, Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, I am sorry to hear this last bit of news. I know that you worry so much about your Mother and her care, and always about David. I am glad your Sister is going to go there and help out. Hopefully, this will take some of the stress out of that situation as far as knowing she is being cared for.

I am glad David felt well enough to go the the motorcycle meet in spite of everything. He keeps trying and that is a really good thing. He is still interested in things. I hope he will be able to get around good.

Hi Peg, I know what you mean about the weather. N.C. is about the same. Last week we had some really cold days and today is in the low 70s. The weather
    is all over the place. Like you, I did not go out shopping on black Friday. I have done some shopping since then, but not nearly enough. I have looked through
    tons of catalogues to try and find the things I need. I called for two different gifts and both were out of stock until later in December. I was afraid to wait.
    They might not get here in time. That is the bad thing about this season - getting things that I can afford and I feel the people will like and enjoy. I hate just
    buying a gilft just to buy one. I like for the people to know that I have put some thought into it.

My older brother who lives in SC had two stents put in last Thursday. I am going to call him shortly to see how he is doing. He did fine right after it was over.

Hope everyone checks in soon.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

(((((Jeanie))))) (((((Peg))))) (((((Virginia)))))

I decided to keep Cinderpaw, as she is queen here and said she doesn't want to go back with thoses other mean kittys..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 12-03-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sally, congratulations on find a resident kitty! Of course Cinderpaw needs to be with you. I can see she's settling in nicely and will soon take charge of the household.

Virginia, I have the same problem with holiday shopping--how to get something that is just right for a person without spending a fortune. I buy some gifts for people I don't know very well, and I end up buying something anyone would like or could use--candy or nuts or kitchen towels or a small decorative box or a desk calendar. I figure that at least the people will know I've thought of them even if I didn't get them something that was just what they wanted.

I hope your brother will be all right after the stents.

Peg, I don't "do" Black Friday. In fact, I do all holiday shopping online. People just have to put up with me.

Jeanie, I hope your mother will be all right. You've had so much worry for so long. I hope you can find some moments of peace and rest now and again.

I've wrapped five gifts for the postal carrier to pick up soon. I don't even go to the post office any more. The Internet can make life a lot easier for disabled people.

If an item I want is out of stock and not likely to show up soon, I pick something else. Or look for the same item at some other online source.

I'm feeling better since starting on Flonase. This isn't a testimonial for a product. I haven't been on it nearly long enough to say for sure that it's working but so far it seems to be helping.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Smile

:)Hi everyone. My Mother is throwing PVC's (premature ventricular contractions) every 10 to 15 seconds and a few times three in a row. They had my sister sign a do not resusitate order staing what she wants done. Everything but ventilation. Teresa says Mother is ok mentally but very weak. She turned bluish during a breathing treatment and they did not have the attached oxygen right, so Teresa got it fixed.

Tomorrow Mother will be moved to a step down unit with telemetry. For now she is on O2 and has a heart monitor. If she has any more problems it might make me go up there with David's help. Neither of us feel great. We were at the VA all day today. and he has more appointments on Wednesday.

So far Christmas is not being done at all. I am more worried than I was and really appreciate any prayers. I am so glad my sister is there and she is also a nurse which helps keep on top of things. Jeanie :)

Smile

:) Duplicate post. Sorry Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-03-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

I'm sorry Jeanie. Very glad for you that your sister is a nurse.
    When my mom was very ill two years ago it would have been a relief
    to have one person and not a gaggle of family trying to follow her case.

Sally, I am glad you have a companion even though humans are servants to feliness.

I haven't decided what to do for Christmas or New Years.
    Thanksgiving was a labor of love but it is too soon to repeat that theatre.
    I'm sure i will have an invitation or two but I feel like being with people I don't
    necessarily know- maybe somewhere weird like Las Vegas, New Orleans or
    a retreat in the region.

All religion based holidays are Thanksgiving.
    Even hospitalized i was grateful to be safe and well taken care of.

For black friday I bought a new computer.
    I have never had to buy a computer but this 4th hand one isn't going
    everywhere I want to go.
    16 years on freebies- it's an ok acquisition.

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie keeping you (and David) in my thoughts.

Sally I too am glad that you have a guard kitty to watch out for you. Besides our 2 little dogs I am embarrassed to tell you how many cats we have. I am the original crazy cat old man. All are fixed and some are barn cats (for my city friends this translates to REALLY wild) and the others come and go inside and outside. Right this miniute I have to keep the key7board in my lap as George a huge really fluffy orange male probably 10+lbs wants in my lap.

Nothing new on the house front other dealing with bids, loans and insurance companies. I think that they get what they want by wearing you down. I have a Dr check up today and I hate to see what my BP is going to be. I am tired, sore and depressed. I wish this was over.

It is rainy and 26 mph wind blowing with temps in the low 40's. Good day to stay inside.

Be healthy everybody.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast