Thread: 12 year daughter with nausea, dizziness, headache since six months and heterotopia

Default 12 year daughter with nausea, dizziness, headache since six months and heterotopia

HI people! i used to post here about my son who is now 16. he has asd, no speech etc. anyways we found two years ago he has a microdeletion 17q21.31 !

now - my daughter 12 (NT) has since june had headches, nausea dizziness and lot sof tests - has not been at school. stumbles when dizziness/vertigo at its worst. has had vestibular testing etc neuritis, labrynthitis ruled out really.
    MRI was done (expecitng nothing)

it shows
    "mild prominence of third and lateral ventricles...possibly mild aqueduct stenosis...deifnite focal abnormality of lateral margin of the irigon of the left lateral ventricle..there is a nodule of tissue of same intensity as grey matter expanding from the ependyma into the perventricular deep white matter...i suspect this is due to nodular grey matter heterotopia. gladolinium enhanced sequence could be considered"

can heterotopia cause onset of problems at this age?
    eyes checked and no paillodeoma but could there still be some intracranial fluid build up if mild stenosis?

any ideas welcome.
    tks
    N

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, sorry I can't help. There used to be a Dad on these boards called Scientist Bill - is he still around? He was the pro at interpreting results for folks. Has anyone heard from Bill in a long time? Good luck, this sounds miserable for your daughter!
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com