Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-Introduction... haven't been here in a while

Welcome back, Butterfly. I am so sorry about your problem, and the insult added to the injury of having doctors tell you your complaints were not real. It seems such a frequent tale around these boards that when the tests are run and they come back "normal" then, instead of assuming the proper tests have not yet been run, they just say it is a psychiatric/"mental" problem. A dear friend almost died of an "anxiety disorder" that turned out to be a heart condition.

You now know what you are dealing with. Your news is not good news, but at least you are faced in the right direction. I send best wishes your way.

Community Member serene_butterfly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naominjw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome back, Butterfly. I am so sorry about your problem, and the insult added to the injury of having doctors tell you your complaints were not real. It seems such a frequent tale around these boards that when the tests are run and they come back "normal" then, instead of assuming the proper tests have not yet been run, they just say it is a psychiatric/"mental" problem. A dear friend almost died of an "anxiety disorder" that turned out to be a heart condition.

You now know what you are dealing with. Your news is not good news, but at least you are faced in the right direction. I send best wishes your way.

Thank you for your kind words Naominjw.

It was very hard hearing the doctors' blaming it on anxity constantly, I do tend to panic and become anxious after the dizziness comes on, but the doctors wouldn't listen when I told them that the dizziness comes on first then the panic/anxiety. That's awful that your friend almost died because if a mistake in the diagnosis of their condition.

Although it was hard hearing that it was neurological and that there is no treatment and nothing that they can do; but at the same time it was a huge relief knowing what the problem is and that it wasn't in my head

Hi there,
    We're nearly neighbours. I'm up in Cumbria. I have four children, two in their twenties, and two in their thirties. Goodness seeing that in hard type makes me feel very old. Anyway Rhiann, I hope you get some answers. I have problems with cervical spine, which makes my arms feel odd, and my fingers go numb, mostly at night, but they also react very badly to changes in temperature during the day. We could do with some warmer weather coulnt we, in this part of the world.
    Take care. x
    M.
    cardiac ablation 1997. prolapsed disc 1992. L5S1 fusion 2003 (failed, bad screw in spinal canal) Lumpectomy 2005, Carpel tunnel bilateral 2005.Prolapses bowel, bladder, uterus, V. Vault rectocele,repaired.2005. Sacral implant failed 2006. further prolapsed bowel. Subsequent ileostomy, removal of colon, rectum,. 2009. removal of bad screw, more metal work L4/5/S1 to stabilise.2010 cervical ADR 2 levels. Hypothyroid. retired 2003, further cervical stenosis problems. on pension& disability

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12