Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No option to edit posts

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The ability to edit titles & threads/posts are time based. It should not have anything to do with turning off/restarting your computer.
    David Hosobuchi
    Administrator/Community Manager
    BrainTalk Communities Inc.

"The most determined win."

How do i edit title? I can only edit content of post.
    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

Blog Entries

The time to edit thread titles is shorter than the time to edit posts. Once we arrive at a decision we'll post the edit times.

Why can't i do a normal reply to thread???????? it won't let me click it.

this is my first time on, but went i went down, to see what is shaking here, i saw the no editing and did not like it. Give us those with ms eyes and fingers a chance!

no good writer cannot write without editing.

b
    member since 2002, dx'd 4/04, progressive 2 weeks later

"I will arise and go now and go to Innisfree...."
    William Butler Yeats

see it says "went i went down" and it should be WHEN i went down.

and i can't fix it without doing this.

those were not the rules since i have been on here since 2002.....and my eyes and fingers are worse. and something is now underlined in orange.

bjf

off i go again

William Butler Yeats

Blog Entries

Barbara clicking "reply to thread" doesn't open a new window, simply use the box at the bottom of the page to reply. Or you can click the "go advanced" button to open a new window for replies (like the old forums)

Mike, you can't put a title on here and the AND THE LACK OF ABILITY TO EDIT PUT ME TO BED IN TEARS LAST NIGHT. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH ROOM I HAVE IN QUICK, I NEVER DID THEM. IT LOOKs LIKE LITTLE.

OK, A GOOD WRITER, WHICH I WAS WHEN I WAS A PERSON ALWAYS EDITS. I USED TO PRINT, MARK IN RED, AS I DID WHEN I TAUGHT, GO BACK FOR ANOTHER SPIN, AS MANY AS IT TOOK TO GET WHAT I WANTED.

I HAVE DONE LITTLE GOOD WRITING LATELY. MIKE, YOU LIKE FLOWERS, LOOK FOR ARCHIVES OF FINE GARDENING, "GARDENS OF THE MIND" BY ME, TONS OF TIME FOR ONE PAGE, GOT PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN KICKED IN THE FACE ENOUGH ABOUT MY MS BY THE TEMPORARILY-ABLED I DON'T WANT IT ON HERE.

WHO DID ALL MY CHANGE OF EMAIL ADDRESS ON WEB SITES????????? ME??????? NO A NICE GUY.

MIKE HAS ALREADY HEARD ABOUT HIS NO-WHITE-SPACE EMAIL, THAT WAS A NIGHTMARE FOR ME. WHAT WOULD I DO IF I COULD DO ANYTHING? READ, WRITE, AND USE THE COMPUTER.

MY R HAND, MY THUMB NOWHERE NEAR KEYBOARD, WAS MANGLED BY THE ABUSER JULY 07.

DO YOU ALL KNOW, THOSE WHO MAKE THE RULES, KNOW WHAT FINE MOTOR CONTROL IS?????????????? IT TAKES ABOUT 3 TIMES TO GET RIGHT TV STATION, DOING A PASSWORD ON HERE AT LEAST THREE. I HAVE LOST IT AND SO HAVE LOTS OF OTHERS ON THESE FORUMS.

FOR THE DISABLED OR THE ABLED?

I WILL JUST STATE THAT IT IS A BAD RULE AND SHOULD BE CHANGED, IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH? WE COULD ALWAYS EDIT BEFORE. HAD TO GIVE A REASON, MINE WAS USUALLY "TO ADD" SOMETHING I SAW IN RE-READING THAT I STILL WANTED TO SAY.

IN THIS CRIPPLED BODY IS A WRITER CRYING TO GET OUT.[/B] (REMINDER I CAN'T USE SHIFT KEY)

I HAVE not been on here in ages, came one because of my own fears about the hurricane. (see it says one not on!!!!) i can edit that out later, with the whole thing.

maybe only ms people remember richard long from ms, i have not a clue if he is dead or alive, i have been on so little. HE TYPED WITH ONLY HIS LITTLE FINGER.

i would like to find a good EB White quote to toss your way.......but i have not read a book since 1999. Gardens of the Mind is about his wife Katharine, a fine writer herself, about gardening.

i have lost everything i cared about, but writing i still do. i had too many death, and i "hit stride" in writing about those people. i hit stride rarely.

death should be deaths.

am i proving my point, i need it all to go over slowly.

if something is bad, you face it and change it. if it is bad for the majority of users of these forums, you definitely do.

now i am in white-out. and should have had my legs up 2 hrs ago.

mike and everyone else? you know what i used to do when i did not like something? bang out a letter to the editor (same 2-3 stage process) EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS PRINTED.

i can't do that anymore.

would i like to go to the wall on this? yes. am i physically capable of it? no.

i will leave out that brain talk is in my will............

this has not been quick, my r hand numb, my thumb in air, BUT I DID GET OFF LAST NIGHT IN TEARS. AS A WRITER.

get that, first day on in eons and get off in tears because of a rule??????????????

BJF, PhD

William Butler Yeats

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Barbara, you will be able to edit your posts & threads once you have made more than 10 posts. When you reach that mark, additional posting options, as well as profile options will become available to you.
    Last edited by David Hosobuchi; 08-29-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    David Hosobuchi
    Administrator/Community Manager
    BrainTalk Communities Inc.

"The most determined win."

Mike, did i win a round by your announcement?

David your quote used to be who i was, but can't be with my losses.

and then there was heath on MS, a wonderful writer in terrible physical shape. if you did not get them right away, she would edit away, deleting and then delete the whole thing.

EB White means his letters, not his grammar book.

i still say that went i went just makes no sense.

ARE THOSE MAKING THE DECISIONS DISABLED IN THEIR ABILITY TO USE COMPUTER? ARE YOUR FINGERS NUMB? DO YOU HAVE LOSS OF FINE MOTOR CONTROL? DO YOUR EYES START ROLLING.

ETC.

DAVID, I CAN'T BE DETERMINED WHEN I HAVE LOSS THE SKILLS TO BE SO, MY ONLY TOOL LEFT IS MY VOICE....AND I AM LOSING THAT TOO. PEOPLE CALL ME ROBERT OR SIR ON THE PHONE AFTER I SAY BARBARA.

YES, THAT HURTS, IT ALL HURTS. I DOUBT ANYONE EVER CALLED LAUREN BACALL SIR.

DAVID THAT MAKES NO SENSE, YOU COULD DO 10 1 SENTENCE POSTS! THAT IS CALLED SPAM..........

SINCE MIKE DID SOMETHING I COULD NOT DO FOR ME A FEW YEARS AGO JUST BECAUSE OF THIS AND JUST BECAUSE HE IS A GOOD PERSON AND ALSO LIKES FLOWERS. HE USED TO HAVE FLOWERS ON HIS SIGN IN WHEN HE WAS STILL ZOMBIE SLAYER ON FF.

B

William Butler Yeats

See, i consider this dirty pool myself and hate to stoop so low.

But you called it. I am at 8, here is one more.

That means the rules are wrong, not me playing dirty pool.

But i don't like myself for doing it at all, not one bit.

We are cripples but we are humans and we hurt in our losses.

I may just leave at 9 so you can play your game.

B

William Butler Yeats

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast