Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No option to edit posts

Default No option to edit posts

This,to me,is a glaring oversight. Not all of us can make, a post just as we would like it to be first time round. Sometimes we need to alter the wording or realise we need to add/delete a bit. As things stand we can not do that.
    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

Blog Entries

Registered users can't edit posts, however you should have been automatically moved into the Community Members group on your 11th post. You should be able to edit your own posts now.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Apparently there's a time limit on the editing function though. I've found I can no longer edit some older posts.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently there's a time limit on the editing function though. I've found I can no longer edit some older posts.
    Yes 24 hours and then editing of the post is locked. 2 hours to edit the thread title, and 24 hours before you can not add a poll (default options).

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

I think you should make it so we can edit posts passed 24 hours if possible. I go on other forums that allow editing at any time and it really works well. The people who use those forums are really happy to be able to edit posts whenever they want, even months later.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like that idea too, funnylegs. It works well when people are decent and don't post slams at people and then come back and edit them when trouble is brewing and they'd like to cover up their tracks. This happens.

I posted a thread recently and later wanted to change the title but couldn't. It's too bad because the title as it is might be a bit misleading.

Would it be possible to leave thread titles and posts open to editing for a few days at least?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

When the time expires for editing posts, feel free to contact any moderator or administrator.
    At times, it becomes necessary to ignore a member's posts. It's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Here are the steps to place a member on an ignore list.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Moderator #2

Blog Entries

We will take the suggestion to increase the edit times under consideration.

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The suggestion of lengthening the edit times for both Titles and Posts is a reasonable one. We shall reconsider new time periods for the two, and post the new policy when it is finalized.
    David Hosobuchi
    Administrator/Community Manager
    BrainTalk Communities Inc.

"The most determined win."

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Default ability to edit goes away when computer is turned off???

On the subject of editing posts: I noticed on the old forum that if I posted then turned off my computer(like if I had to restart it or something),turned it on again then tried to edit my post I could no longer edit it i.e the "edit" button would no longer show up. I was signed in when it would happen mind you. Why is that? Is that supposed to happen? Does it happen on this new board too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast