Thread: Problem with isight camera on mac

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Question Problem with isight camera on mac

Hi, this is my first post on the new braintalk forum!
    I'm having a problem with imovie. I shot a little film and I was trying to import my footage from a GV-HD700 deck into imovie. When you connect a camera or a deck to imovie a little "import window" pops up but when I try to import the computer thinks I want to import from my built in isight camera instead of the deck(i.e it shows the feed from the built in camera rather than the footage in the deck). I'm not sure why this happens. I'v heard it could be happing for a number of reasons. I got a firewire from Radio Shack to connect the deck to the computer. I called them when I had the problem and they thought I had the wrong kind of firewire so I tried to get the type they thought I needed but they were out of them. What bad luck! I'v heard it could be a compatibility problem with the deck(though I'm pretty sure it is compatible with imovie 08). I'v also heard it could be a problem with the isight camera itself. Anybody have an idea of what might be wrong or what I could do? I'm going to the Apple store in a few days but I thought I'd ask anyway in case there might be a way to fix it that cost less money. Any answer is helpful!

Red face

Hello,

I am glad you feel this way

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any answer is helpful!

Here is a link to some thorough instructions regarding importing to imovie:

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/imovi...ideos-imovie11

It looks like you have an option to select the source of the video be it the built in camera, your deck, or where-ever maybe that will help...I dunno

regards :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThought View Post
    Hello,

I am glad you feel this way

Here is a link to some thorough instructions regarding importing to imovie:

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/imovi...ideos-imovie11

It looks like you have an option to select the source of the video be it the built in camera, your deck, or where-ever maybe that will help...I dunno

regards :)
    Thanks a lot for replying. I tried to use that "Camera source option" thing but my computer thinks the isight camera is the only source connected to imovie so it won't let me choose another source to import from. Blasted thing!

Blog Entries

Default IDVD to imovie??

I was talking to someone who is very good with computers today and they said I might be able to import my footage to IDVD then get the footage to import from IDVD to imovie. Anybody know how to import from footage from iDVD to imovie? I assume it's like importing any other video file to imovie that is already in the computer. Right?

Blog Entries

Default It was the wrong wire after all/Does imovie 08 have a blur effect???

Well it was the firewire that was the problem after all. After going to one store after the other I finally found the 4 to 6 pin firewire I needed and my footage imported beautifully to imovie.

I have one more question. I need a blur effect on a scene in the project I'm making. Does anybody know if imovie 08 has any kind of blur effect?????

Blog Entries

I have zero experience with imovie :( I found this video tutorial via google and it seems the only way is to use a picture in picture deal using a blurry image for the pip.

http://macmost.com/blurring-an-area-in-imovie-08.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Weins View Post
    I have zero experience with imovie :( I found this video tutorial via google and it seems the only way is to use a picture in picture deal using a blurry image for the pip.

http://macmost.com/blurring-an-area-in-imovie-08.html
    Thanks for showing me that video. Unfortunately, I don't have photoshop so I will have to get someone else who has an editing program with a blur effect to make the blur effect for me and that will totally suck! :( Oh, well.

Blog Entries

Smile got blur effect made!

I finally got that blur effect I needed made! I found somebody to make the blur in an editor called "Final Cut Pro" and everything turned out beautifully. I learned some great stuff about editing too!

Blog Entries

This was the film I needed the blur effect for. http://cripvideoproductions.com/dramasighted.php
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php