Thread: Will I ever get a full nights sleep with no pain?

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Default Will I ever get a full nights sleep with no pain?

A chiropractor had me have a CT & after, told me I have Periferal Neuropathy. Also, I have epilepsy & after I had 3 seizures & my heart stopped, I stated to have aching lower legs in the mid. of the night (it would/does wake me in pain). I think I read that nothing helps. Isn't there SOMETHING I can do. Every night since Feb. they wake me.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

i am sorry that you have so much wrong Lor. you probab ly have to watch what you take for pain, and everything - right because of your seizures? i don't have an answer for you because my sleep is always iffy as well. but now that so much of me is dead or should say, nerve dead, i can go all night without moving IF i do manage to get to sleep. niot sure that is good either. i do use the oxygen at night and i have started noticing that if i get up to go to bathroom etc, and my nose oxygen tips come out of nose, i tend to sleep longer. i think thatthere is so much differences in what has caused our neuropathy as well. all that makes giving advice not easy task at all. i hope you do better with sleep and all soon tho.

or maybe someone will give you good information (i hope so anyway)

Thankyou for writing, Joy. I don't use oxygen however. Anyway, I hope you have a good night with lotsa' sleep.
    Lorraine (lor)

Default Wow

That's a loaded question. Our conditions differ. The pain differs. The response differs. I never sleep more than two hours at a time and my schedule varies. I just go with the flow and take it when it comes. For me, it is a good thing that the pain wakes me up about every two hours before it gets out of control. I get up, use the bathroom, and stretch a bit then go back to bed. If I didn't get up and move about fairly frequently, I would lock up and have a terrible time getting out of bed. That's a real problem since I live alone. Have a good evening.

When mine wakes me in the mid. of the night I walk to the bathroom & do a few bends/exersise my lower legs. It's just my lower legs that hurt. It feels like there's a vice grip on each lower leg, squeezing & squeezing & then my feet sorta'a auotomaticaly flex, After I get up & walk downstairs, things are O.K....till 3am again.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

lor we sound alike with our sleep and our legs. last night i woke up every few minutes for a time, then just every hour. i describe my lower legs as squeezing myself. it seems there are bands around legs and it gets tighter and tighter. miserable to try and walk. i also move my legs more now to try for some kind of exersiize and to flex my leg muscles. hope you have a good nights rest soon.

Is there any way to exersize your lower legs except getting up & walking or flexing your feet. The flexing is automatic & now the front of my ankles hurt (where they bend when I flex). (I think flexing feet is your legg telling your feet 'I NEED EXERSIZE RIGHT NOW'.) Well...I hope your night isn't too bad tonight.
    Lorraine (lor)