OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT November Chit Chat

Hi everyone,, everyone survive Halloween ?,, we did,, had 3 and half kids here,,{Nick is just a infant, so we count him as a half},,

nice weather we are having, Sandy put us in a holding patterm,,so high's in the 50's,, but it will change,, we can't have this all the time.{darn}

Deer hunting, yes we got a nice buck.. Joe and I cut up meat and wrapped most of Sunday,, alone,, we knew what we had to do,

,Not much else,, Noras arm is healing good, she now has a pink cast,, such a girly thing,,lol

later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Congratulations Nora!
    She passed a rite of kidhood.

As per Halloween- I forgot.
    I am still living in hurricane brain time.

Snickers bars should be on sale in a few days,
    To freeze of course...

Maybe Snickers martinis

8>]

Comment

renee,, how bout snicker margaritas.. works for me silly girl,,hahahaha !
      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

:) Hi everyone. I'm relieved to see none of this board's posters had much damage from Sandy.

David saw the oncologist yesterday and he said David is doing good. No new tumors showed in the CT scan and his blood work is inching toward normal. He still has a lot of pain from the blisters. One on the bottom of his heel is about a two inch circle and standing or walking makes it hurt more. At the VA you walk a long way between departments. We were there 4 hours. David was glad to get home and rest.

My chest x-ray was mormal but I am still coughing a lot and bringing up flim. I called the doctor today to request a refill of the Amoxicilin hoping I can kick this cough. We were bot too tired to do trick or treats, so we just darkened the front of the house last night.

My Mother is doing ok so far at home. Her heater had a problem but one of the church members came and fixed it.

Please keep us in your prayers. You are all in my prayers. Jeanie :)

Comment

Jeanie, I thought most hospitals had wheelchairs available for use as needed. Could your David use one of them for getting around from one department to another?

It's good news that he's doing better!
          Last edited by agate; 11-02-2012, 07:40 AM.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Today is one of the best days of the year as far as I'm concerned--the day when we gain an hour if we're in a state that has Daylight Saving Time.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thanks Agate.
              Who knew! Not me.

It is particularly sweet gift if one works on sunday.
              Love that extra hour.

Comment

Hi all,
                Back Upstate with parents for a few days. Dad's PSA continues to drop. He is in complete denial that there is any caution needed even though both the orthopedist and Oncologist have told him the left pelvis is so full of cancer that a misstep can shatter it. He's walking with no cane and up and down stairs and driving for every excuse he can muster. I got here at 4:30 Saturday afternoon and between then and 8:30PM he ran 4 different errands with the car. Mother has completely given up on her prescribed diet because after 4 months, she cannot get Dad to eat the same things she is told she has to and will only eat things that are denied on her diet. All this despite the fact that there are portion - sized meals in the freezer that I have prepared in previous visits.

Dad's brain MRI...done on the 30th, shows 'significant atrophy" and peri-ventricular ischemia as well as a number of small areas of probable metastesis and a 1 cm meningioma that was discovered in 2003 and has not changed a whole lot. Both parents have lost 40-50 pounds each in the past year. I've spent a lot of time at the sewing machine taking in pants and replacing skirt and pant elastic and shortening pants that mom can finally wear but were too long. Mom's closet got cleaned out last evening and 3 large bags of size 18-24 clothes sent to my sister to take to her church's thrift shop.

We fared better than some during the hurricane. No power lost (although people a block away were without power for 5 days). We were all set to close on a house that we were buying to replace one that we are selling to one of our tenants this week. That house was a total loss in the Hurricane with a 3' diameter 130' tall Oak tree coming down diagonally on the house and torquing the structure beyond repair. We found another house that we will buy next week and finish the upstairs with prospective tenants coming in the first of December. There are more than 2500 people out of work from severely damaged businesses that will not be able to reopen for weeks or months just in our little area of the State.

Tomorrow, I gather medical records for tests that were done since the last Oncologist visit for my Dad and will take my sister for her CT scans of chest and abdomen. Her labs have been horrendous coupled with joint heat and swelling and negative RA and lupus tests so she is now seeing Dad's Oncologist and he will hopefully have some answers for us Tuesday when we go in. After Dad's and Tricia's appointments, I leave to go back home (442 miles from start out in the morning till I arrive home. Day starts at 7:45 on the road and if all goes well, I should be home by 8 or 9PM. These drive back days are not easy!

Jeanie, I know the wheelchair is a good idea for David but, knowing him, I tend to think he would refuse to use it. I'm sorry to hear about the mustasche thinning. That is such an identity thing for him

Not sure when I'll get back her...seems like less and less frequently lately. Please know you are never far from my thoughts even tho' I'm here less and less often.

Blessings....

Comment

Any other US voters feel like they lost a few additional braincells due to
                  the length of this 3 1/2 year campaign?

I think I have PTED- post traumatic election syndrome.

Good night.
                  Last edited by renee; 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I voted yes on no. glad that the elections are over the commercials interfered with my TV watching. I just switched internet providers and they want to rent space for a repeater on top of my silos. Have to see how that works.

We are moving ahead on our house slooowly.......... I am afraid that I should have carried more insurance on the structure. In order to make the money go farther I could act as the general contractor and hire everything out......but they reduce the payment so I do not get the profit and overhead money that the contractor would make. So either way I think that what I get from the insurance will not cover everything so guess we will have to go into debt for the rest. Sigh. I hope everybody takes a look at their homeowners policy to make sure you can rebuild after a disaster. If you have guaranteed replacement coverage rider it only covers a % of over run on what the house is valued at. Example if you have a house that is worth $100,000 your guaranteed replacement covers 25% or a total of $125,000 in many parts of the country this will fall way short of rebuilding costs.

Still trying to keep from having a flare at all costs. I just have too many things to attend to and so I am rationing my time and energy. So far so good. No real issues other than had my eyes checked and the ON has done a number on my right eye and a cataract is forming so will need to have a recheck in 6 months in the Dr main office as there he has more sophisticated equipment. Dentist appointment this week as well trying to get everything in before the end of the year. And my insurance will only do a upper or a lower partial or denture a year so tops this year and bottoms after January first. I (and my wife) am tired of me looking like the slack jawed yokel!

Be healthy everyone.

Comment

(((((((Gary))))))

Gary's Homestead..
                      Last edited by SalpalSally; 11-08-2012, 10:48 AM.
                      Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

:) Hi everyone. Gary please try to take things slowly so you don't kick your MS into high gear. You and Trish are in my prayers too.

David's chemo blisters on his hands and feet are still quite painful and make standing and walking difficult. My cough is almost as bad as it was 3 months ago. I had a chest x-ray and nothing showed up. I am still on Amoxicillin. I hope it eventualloy does the trick.

My Mother is back in the hospital with a UTI. She is going home tomorrow and my sister has arranged someone to be with her I think 24/7. However Teresa has not bothered to inform me of what she is doing. She is back in Tennessee, so I do not see how she is going to keep on top of things that far from N. Fla.

Cherie you amaze me with all you do. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with your parents.

I hope all of you up North who had Sandy hit and now a snow storm are doing okay. I hope all of you have your power back on.

Saying daily prayers for all of you. Jeanie :)

Comment

Gary,
                          It was so nice having you on the other end of the phone during part of my long drive home on tuesday. I just wish things were more easy and liquid on the rebuild end of things for you.

We are at the condo in NH as of about 4 hours ago. I am on two Boards of Directors as Treasurer for both and our annual homeowners meetings are tomorrow so I start the day with a Board meeting from 8-9:30 and then have a homeowner's meeting from 10-12 then another Board meeting for our sub-association from 1:30-2:30 and a homeowners meeting from 2:30-2:30 then a wrap up master Board meeting from 5:30 to 7PM. Long day. Then we clean the place and change linens and head back home Sunday before noon.

The 'Noreaster' that blew through a couple of days ago knocked out power to many in our area but not us. There are still folks in the State who do not have power restored yet from Sandy. Went to get a haircut this morning and drove by the beach in narragansett (2 miles from our house) for the first time since the Hurricane) and the main parking lot is nothing but boulders and piles of sand. the road has had to be plowed of sand and there are piles in the median strip and on both sides of the road. And I could see a crane /backhoe working on repairing the sea wall as I headed back toward home. It is bad still.

I feel like this month is crazy. Too much going on. Too much to do and keep track of. I just feel the need to stop. Three work days this coming week then off on an MS Nurses, continuing education cruise for 4 days. Home 2 days before Thanksgiving (I'm cooking and having the crew at the house with an out of State guest for a few days as well) A week home then back to NY to deal with family health issues.

December is generally pretty busy with the holidays but it is nothing compared to this November. I am actually looking forward to some down time in December.

Jeanie,
                          So sorry David is feeling so punky.

Hang in everyone.

Comment

Gary, slow and easy is wise. Sounds like you have a major choice: build on a smaller scale or go into debt. Good luck.

{{{Jeanie}}} you need a break from bad news.

Cherie, are you affected by gas rationing? That's a lot of traveling. And I hope you aren't the one at the wheel when talking on the phone. ;)

Comment

Gary-
                              You trying to replicate your homestead? Don't forget the BBQ pit.
                              I look at books and articles on innovative and less costly architecture all the time to
                              appreciate and dream about the home I never got when MS hit.
                              You never know when the fairy godmother shows face.

May you have a home where you can keep your heart and park up your feet.

Idaho has some Verrrry interesting people- pragmatic hardy conservatives
                              and accomplished somewhat eccentric personalities.
                              Remember Bruce "Utah" Phillips? An old UWW lefty, ran for governor-
                              may have kept his rubber chicken around- a constant running mate.

May things flow your way with more ease.
                              Only now am I feeling like I didn't sit through a hurricane that left enormous
                              damage in its wake.
                              I cannot imagine how those who lost nearly everything are handling this.

Thank the lord you don't have nasty political ads.
                              Now you can can revel in non stop football ads.

You and your family hang in there.

And my wishes for improved lives for those living with tremendous burdens right now.

-r

PS I voted no on maybe because no BIT and yes was going to be more of the same in a different package,
                              Last edited by renee; 11-10-2012, 10:43 AM. Reason: I wanted to

Comment

Working...
                              X