Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dysphagia

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Abby))))))

I'm so sorry you were hospitalized again.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for your full recovery and that you can return home soon.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

I will probably be goinginto assisted living

Abby
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Abby. Feeling of two minds about the change? I know I would. No one likes to give up their independence. But help with things is good (cleaning, perhaps cooking, laundry). I don't know how extensive your assisted living place will be. There's a wide range of facilities. Some offer minimum services. Others offer services just short of nursing care. I hope yours offers activities that you can take advantage of and lets you do the things you still can do.

Thinking of you,
    lawnerd

Blog Entries

((((((Abby))))))

If assisted living is the option before you, then I pray that you will be well cared for by compassionate assistants and medical personnel dedicated to returning you to health.

My thoughts and prayers are with you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

If you make this decision to go into Assisted Living I hope it turns out to be a place that you truly like a lot. I have a friend who went into independent living and loves it. She is 86 and went in when she was 85. She found a boyfriend right away and is very happy!! Who knows Abby what might be on the
    horizon.

However, I know that it is a hard decision to make.
    Virginia

I am back home and on long assisted living waiting list.

Someone I know in New Jersey is going to pay to have someone to come in and halp me out for a mmonth

Back down to 59 lbs

Thank you all for support

Abby

Blog Entries

((((((Abby))))))

How generous and wonderful of the person helping you to hire an assistant. I hope you find a competent and kind caregiver.

Sending healing prayers that you gain some weight soon.

Love & Light,

Rose

Great news about the "helping hand". I hope you have someone who fits your needs perfectly. I was hoping to hear you had gained some weight. Maybe you
    can get someone who will cook the things you are able to eat and the things you like, which would be a blessing.
    Virginia

Had the first visit from the 'helping hand' yesterday - its hard to sit and watch someone else do what you had to do all your life.

Had to order some scales and they should be here soon.

Not expecting a big gain but at least out of the 50 something that feles so weird. Gave the "orgain' protien drink another try in chocolate and really like it - takes 2 days to get through the 16 ozs but I do it. and back to eating those stupid pop tarts.

There is a new thing (I guess) for those that are spening to much medicare hospital time and a real live dpctpr amd murse will be visiting me tomorrow. my Internest set it up (gee I wonder if she is going to pay for it) I have no idea what they are going to do take vitals I guess won't be getting a new D3 check for another 2 months to see if that number is going down,

Still very weak and sleep alot but still hanging in there

Abby
    Last edited by Abby2006; 12-06-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast