Did You All Taste FrankenStorm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did You All Taste FrankenStorm?

Just checkin in. Ohio had lots of wind..no damage or power outages in Dayton area.

How did our NYers, NJers, PAers VAers, etc, fare?
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Hi Sally,

Boston got rain and big wind over many hours. Not as bad here as forecast. We have large tree branches that snapped off. No personal damage or loss of services.

I wonder how Paj is?
    Attached Files
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Even eastern Wisconsin got a taste of Sandy. Wind advisories and large waves coming off Lake Michigan.

Comment

Some parts of our coast in North Carolina got quite a bit, but I am in central part of the state so we just had very overcast skies and a little rain Monday. Today was cool.

Things look pretty bad in New York City and New Jersey.
        Virginia

Comment

I was on a peninsula for the Sandy tasting.

Geez louise, it was a low end hurricane.
          My childhood revisited.
          A rotting city tree came down on phone and power lines next to the house.
          The phone pole snapped in half and took off a chunk of a maple tree that landed behind my van.
          No heat, power. phone.

Family got pi**y so I left ASAP.
          Lots of driving through downed trees and lines yesterday eve.

The more crowded the coastal areas become, the bigger the $$$ call on damages.

Never build a house with a basement at 10 feet above sea level, nouveau geniuses.

-Captain aRRRRgh
          Last edited by renee; 10-31-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

You didn't need this, renee.

Glad you escaped in one piece. Now all you have to do is look out for goblins and bats and what-not.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

You a brave to drive through the debris, Renee.
              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I'd say you had more than a taste , Renee..Sheesh, what a hog..LOL. Happy you're OK!!
                Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Gosh Renee, was family so bad that you had to drive through that? Were you alone? Sometime when things happen I just want to be in my own home. Maybe that is how you felt. Don't know how far you had to go but I would not care to drive in it. You are a brave lady. But then we already knew that. Hope
                  everything was alright at your house when you got there.
                  Virginia

Comment

No Scrabble, no marshmallows! I was a bit testy, too
                    What a waste of a perfectly good outdoor/indoor experience.

The drive should only take 3.5 hours but tuesday afternoon and eve it was more like
                    6 with an hour to chill out at a rest stop.

The cat was glad to have me... clean his litter box. Yechhhh.
                    Nothing happened up here.
                    I still feel like I am in lockdown.

ALL THAT FIREWOOD down there.
                    8>)
                    Makes me crazy to think about it.

Welcome to November, peeps.

Comment

My son and his family are in New Jersey, no water, no power ,no Gas for generators,but they are alive and safe. The little ones were disappointed that Halloween was canceled , but such is the minds of children, wish that were the most worry we all have, but I am so very thankful they are safe ., hugs and prayers to all that are struggling to recover. (( hug))) GING

Comment

Bro is still without heat, electricity and phone. The worst of fallen trees are gone
                        but phone and power lines are dangling everywhere.
                        I couldn't handle it longer than I did.

At least his workplace is warm and dry. Police are demanding IDs from everyone
                        entering the neighborhood on its single road access. This isn't stopping burglaries and looting
                        of evacuated houses next to the water.
                        I suspect it easy to come on shore by way of small boats since it isn't on the ocean.

This is probably why people are reticent to leave homes unless someone tells them
                        the first floor of their home will be ruined and there will be no food or water
                        for at least a week or more.

Very sad- but it is a good thing there are more good acts than vile.

Comment

Working...
                        X