Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Those In Sandy's Path

Distinguished Community Member

the cost?one million dollars
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

i was thinking that places like Hati have had so much distruction that probably they are still working very hard to rebuild and maybe thinking, glad it wasn't us again. and they'd be in sound minds if they did think so at that. but it is sad for anyones home and all to be destroyed. and lives lost. sad sad. and now for it to be so cold. miserable and my heart goes out to them in thought at least.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Thank you dear ((Joy and Rose)) for thinking of me. It has been hard for those on up the coast.

I just heard a new storm was bearing down on the NY and NJ shore. Power still out, below freezing, rain has turned to snow, huge flakes and it has just begun.

Oh how my heart aches for any and all that are trying to reclaim something of their former life, but sadly not much to reclaim. We'll have to just keep those prayers going for all those in harms way.

I too am thankful for those that have checked in.

Take care all and stay as warm as possible.

my love to all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Blog Entries

I finally got my internet back! We live close to a water source so our basement was flooded up to the ceiling,our car is totally dead, I lost power for 3 days and I am just getting internet back now. But I am very happy to be alive.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Clouds z))))))

Gov. Cuomo estimates the cost of rebuilding New York state to be about $33 BILLION! So, imagine the cost of rebuilding New Jersey, and the other states hit by Sandy. BILLIONS and BILLIONS!!!

On the positive side, that rebuilding will create jobs, which we can hope will improve our economy.

((((((joy))))))

There are people in New Orleans, who still haven't recovered their losses since Katrina. Then Isaac hit, and more homes were damaged, but at least the new levees held fairly well.

The frightening part is that this is just the beginning of these super storms and extreme weather. More than one meterologist has mentioned that hurricane season will be year round at some point. Climate change, global warming, whatever term is attached to what's happening, is real. Earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, tornadoes (Joplin, Missouri ~ entire town nearly wiped out), hurricanes, super storms, and a melting ice cap. I'd say that Earth is rebelling against our ravaging of her. We drop bombs on her, test bombs inside her, frack her, drill her, strip her mines, poison her soil, oceans, and air. No wonder we have these problems!

So, while I pray for the victims of these "natural" disasters, and for their immediate assistance, I also pray that the people of the world and their leaders will come together to clean up Earth, so we can turn it around, and save it and ourselves.

I confess: I'm a tree-hugging, animal-loving, vegetarian! On Thanksgiving, we have Tofurkey. It's delicious!

((((((Jo))))))

I know what you mean. I feel so badly for all of these people. I just want to make vats of soup and take tons of blankets to them. Imagine what the holidays will be like for so many of them too.

((((((funnylegs4))))))

So glad to hear from you! I've been thinking about you, wondering if you were affected by a power outage. I give thanks that you are okay. Keep warm!

Prayers continuing for everyone ~ please keep checking in when you are able to connect again.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

after ktrina they were sending those unfortunates to different cities and places to stay as there just was not enough places to put them all. as far away as we were, we still had severasl families to come and stay at church properties. we got to know them and kinda follow up with what was happening after they did get to move back home. that makes me think, this has been the longest that we have gone without connecting to see how each other are doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12