Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello dear friends

Distinguished Community Member

Jo,not all small dogs are high energy! a puppy might be a bit much cause of the chewing & potty training but there's always many older dogs needing homes. no idea the age of my Cocker but she's perfect for me as she just lays next to wherever I am. as for the COPD,do you have oxygen handy? might be the next step.

well I've been getting what I call "full moon connections". friend I mentioned in earlier post called again & this time we caught up on news. then youngest son called out of the blue. then a woman that had befriended HM's daughter Lori called. brought some bad memories back but it was nice to chat with her again. first thing she asked was if Lori had died.

Jeannie,I sure envy your energy! well I do have my memories of being very active & creative myself. all I have to do is look outside & see all the landscaping I've done here. I do try to keep up with the pruning-gosh things grow quickly it seems but in reality it's been over 15 yrs since I planted most of it.

fact is we age & we adjust!and remain grateful for the small things we used to take for granted.

housemate wasn't home 2 seconds before I felt my blood pressure go up!

yesterday was football all day for me & one of my favorite crockpot meals. have enough left for tonight since it's another football night.

now I realize some of you might be affected by Sandy,hope everyone will be safe & has prepared. mostly hoping it won't be as bad as all the hype.

I happen to be reading Luanne Rice books right now so that keeps me occupied.

Jan,a hernia can cause alot of issues,will certainly say a prayer you heal properly & can avoid anymore Hospital Hilton stays!

Alex hope you are feeling better.

hard to believe it's almost Nov!take care everyone & thanks for posting.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Dito to what Buttons said. I have just finished my 2nd Patrica Cornwell's books. I think I have read most all of the ones she has published.

Reading is my (cheer me up) thing to do. I sometimes read a book more than once. I have so many books I wish someone would write me and tell me what they want and I'll be glad to send some to you.

Hope all have a good week-end. I'll be watching football since Ken did something to the computer. AS you can see I am not very smart about how to do things on the computer. lol

I've been wanting to change my avatar, but I also (procrastenate ??)in a big way! Can't spell worth a hoot either, but maybe you can sound it out and get the gist of what I want to say. lol lol

all my love, julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

[B]OK it's November & can't decide if I want to do the turkey thing or not. I tend to eat carbs for an entire week!

went to dentist last week & am on antibiotic's that make me sick but learning to like yogurt.

my favorite deer has been back! I named her "Baby" a long time ago. her coat is darker than any other deer so easy to know it's her. she's alone these days & sure has grown some long legs!

no neighbor dog past 3 days & no barking from next door-wonder what's happened?

we have some sunshine today. yesterday it was 62 but of course I was inside watching football.

I hurt my back vaccumming (sp),well I had put it off so long I had alot of it to do & now get to recall why I seldom do it! forget mopping!

I actually woke up this morning thinking it was Tuesday! sooooo anxious for all the political ads to go away!then remembered it's Monday night football.

Jo,I've read many Cornwell books myself. right now reading latest Sue Grafton-V is for Vengence. I also read my books more than once since I tend to forget what I've already read.

hope everyone will have a good week!

not much is new really
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

it is good to hear even a few words from members tho. everyone take care. myself i am trying to get use to cold weather. what a difference and overnight from hot to cold.

not much new here, TV is the pits. Thought when the election was over all the crap would go away. Sorry to say, no way!

Pati, glad you let me know the new Sue Grafton book is out. I have all of her books.

I did see where Staten Island was getting snow----a LOT of snow. High winds, rain, then it had started snowing, huge snowflakes. I truely feel heart broken for the people that will get this new storm on top of all their behongings in their yard and sidewalk, their houses don't look like they need to stay and wait this storm out. We're having rain, just hope that is all we have.

Take care everybody, stay warm and walk with care if you have to be out. Many people still don't have power, it's already below freezing. Times like these make me very thankful for all the good things we have. I also wonder just how much more can these people can take.

May God bless them all.

I'm thankful for those that are able to check in our beloved BrainTalk. I'm praying for those we haven't heard from and hope to hear they are ok.

Much love to all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

it's hard to even conceive of all this horrid weather! I think of the old people without power & perhaps nobody to care for them. I think of the new mother's terrified how to keep their babies safe & warm. and of course the animals that might not survive. sure makes us all aware of just how much we depend on electricity to survive eh?

housemate just got his generator back from repair so we can be ready if power goes out. happens here alot when the trees fall on lines. we all have so much to be grateful for when we don't have to suffer the wrath of mother nature!

I've never been East of the Mississippi myself so impossible to imagine how it is to see what was all changed so dramatically. it will get better folks! rebuilding will provide needed jobs. people will help each other & families will be forced to bond without modern life. hey-I'm trying to look on the bright side! all the new cars,boats,etc. that will have to be replaced.

it's cold here now so know how you feel Joy (minus the heat of course). hopefully we will have a mild winter here! takes me half the day to thaw out when frosty outside. snowing in eastern part of state right now.

for all those suffering you have our empathy.you've had enough already! try to look ahead to better days & being warm & getting back to your real lives & putting this misery into the bad memory time.

Jo,there will be one more book W. she's in her 70's so hopefully finish the series for us to enjoy! V was a great book & I just finished it yesterday. not sure if planning XYZ??

Last edited by Buttons2; 11-09-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Wink

Sue Grafton is in her 70's ? Wow, we are all somewhere in our Golden Years, eh? lol lol I feel better already knowing I am not by my self. For some reason that makes me want to ROTFLMAO lol Opps, better not try that one, but it has been a very long time since I even Thought about doing it!
    That 4 wheeled walker has done wonders keeping me off the floor. I have managed to get tangled up in the wheels a few times, but found something near to break the fall.

That thing has been the best thing my Beth has ever given me. I tell her she is the very best daughter I have. She gently reminds me that she is the ONLY daughter I have. lol I know that, but I like to see how she reacts to it, seeing if she's thinking Nursing Home yet! think I'll change my will and medical POA.

back to Sue G., she better live long enough to write xyz! I have truely enjoyed her books.

I am very thankful for all the good things that have come our way. I pray all those that are suffering will soon find some joy back in their lives. My prayers for them all.

my love to all our friends here at BrainTalk and hope noone is suffering in the weather mess. Jo

for my brother Ben

I just read about some old people getting help in NYC. I don't understand all those neighborhood's except for watching TV shows. Queen's,Brighton Beach,etc.

well anyways with power out drugstores were closed,one old guy had to haul his disabled son down several flights of stairs to get help. people in wheelchairs are a concern of course.

there are people searching the high rise apartments & knocking on doors. just hauling water up to them is a huge relief of course. EMT's are helping too & saving lives.

Jo, I read the birthday's in the local paper & saw Sue Grafton's name not long ago-guess I was kinda surprised cause figured she was younger than me for some reason. here's one for a memory: Patty Paige just turned 85!

Sly, I have posted all over the board and you probably don't have a clue with my rambling. One day soon I'll send you a readers digest verison.

We don't have much to spend on the kids like we use to. Living on SS is not part of the Golden Years I dreamed about. So, the big kids may get one present, the little 4 great grands will get a little more, big boxes and little 1.00 Store things that will drive their families wild.

I know most people are in that same boat, not much to spend, but family being together is what is important to me.

My love to all, Jo

btw Pati, I read the "V" Sue Grafton book and think that one is probably the very best yet! I can't wait for the W. I hope Sue isn't sick and in poor health. See, I just gather everybody up and carry them around, tring to take care of them. I had a shrink tell me one day to go out and big a big old bus and feel it up with people with problems. then worry myself to death trying to make them well. I thought he was a bit crazy myself. I thought it was a grand idea, don't you?
    ((((hugs)))) to all

for my brother Ben

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast