creature of habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creature of habit

I let Dusty out about 8 this morning and I checked a couple of times to get him in the house before I had to go to the next city (10 miles away). Well I had to leave and I figured he'd be back by the time I got home. As things go, I was back later than I had planned and he was not home. Hmmm, where could he be....? Aha, I'll check Nancy's old house...! I pulled into the yard and there he was, waiting for Nancy to let him in. Nancy, my sister-in-law, moved to Arizona this past July. When she had lived there Dusty made regular, unplanned by me, visits there. He would want to visit Nancy and went the 4 blocks to her house. I'm glad I thought that he might be there. He is such a free spirit.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

What a relief. So good to know he is okay. I had to hurry to ending of sentence to see how it turned out myself.

Comment

Dusty has a lot of doggie pals that come to his house. I think it's because his 'mom' always has a large pan of water outside, and is willing to talk to them.
      I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Comment

LOL i was picturing you surrounded by dogs of all sizes and you petting them. now us, we get cats that like to prowl around. i guess it is a good thing i did not keep putting our bird seed because i sure found feathers often. i like cats but that is what they do and don't ask either. if they can catch a bird, well it is food to them.

Comment

Jan,I'm glad you & Dusty get so many doggie visits. the neighbor dog still comes over but these days I'm rarely outside so she comes to the door with a long window & gazes inside. I will never invite her inside as I suspect she has fleas. she wants to "herd" Freckles & that never goes over well. when I tell her to go home she actually does!

I'm surrounded on all sides by dogs! and now renter/neighbor has taken on yet another puppy! wish my housemate would learn how to say no to this nonsense. her DH has moved out,she's rarely home,she's irresponsible.....you get the picture.

Comment

When I used to walk Dusty, I would have as many as 5 other dogs going for a walk with us. Of course, I always carried treats so all the other dogs let Dusty "boss" them around because his "mom" would share. I would stop and talk to the owners of some of the big dogs and they told me that their dogs minded me better than they did them. Go figger, eh?

Comment

this week has been lovely weather to get outside and i hate that i no longer can walk myself or the dogs. but i can enjoy the weather and beautiful color of the changing leaves in some of the trees. the high temp around here has been in the higher 80's almost 90's. wow we broke records big time. but iut won't be anything strange to have relly cold temperatures the next day or so either. keeps us sick with head colds, sinus infections and such. never the same for long.

Comment

Here in west central Texas a cool front dropped down from the northern states, I find it refreshing. I too, have hard time walking Dusty. After 5 lower back surgeries, no wonder! I do try to walk him around the park across the street from our house. The vet said his eye is looking good, it looks bad to me, but what do _I_ know.......

Comment

I suspect the neighbor dog likes me cause I've always greeted her by name & never raise my voice. she's hanging around the window door quite alot these days. I feel so sorry for her! and SOOOOO angry she's mistreated. humans are mistreated in that household also.

Comment

I think my neighbor's dog is also not treat kindly. Wherever he comes here he knows I won't hurt him, but he acts cowerly until I talk to him for about 10 - 15 minutes. Then he knows that I won't hurt he. He is a large "puppy" and I think the owner can't curb his puppyness. I have him sitting on a hand command, he is smart. Dusty thinks that he can beat the snot out of him so I have to watch that.

Comment

Working...
                    X