No announcement yet.

New seasonal style installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the Christmas one and am glad it will be back :)

Comment

New style installed for those that don't like the halloween styles and want a seasonal style New style is called Autumn, let me know what you fine folks think about it, and if you find any bugs.

I didn't find any autumn icons that I liked so for now we're using the default icons.
      Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
      Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
      Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
      Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
      Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
      Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
      Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

((((((Mike))))))

Testing the Autumn style now.

Like the leaves.

Thanks Button is there.

Not a fan of the neon green.

Autumn icons: pumpkins (without faces); cornucopias; tree with fall colors; turkey; maple leaf; football (in US).

Thanks Mike for dressing up the place!

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I'm really enthusiastic about this new autumn style!
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I really like the background :)

Comment

i was all set to just jump to Christmas... and did in fact... i was like a kid wondering what the autum looked like so i went back - i was hooked by the leaves also. any of the backgrounds puts a smile on my face when i see them. many thanks

Comment

Yea I forgot to disable the Christmas theme until after Thanksgiving ... oh well

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Ok so I attempted to do a Valentine theme ... not sure I like it enough to keep it so I'll let all of you decide I couldn't find any good buttons to use (reply to thread and post new thread buttons) :( I also didn't find a complete set of status icons (new posts, old posts, etc etc) but found a partial set that looks nice.

Some of the text is going to be hard to read, I don't have the time needed to separate the text into their proper blocks (for lack of a better explanation) since vB put all the hard to read stuff in 2 blocks when they should really be in 7 or so different blocks *shrug*

If I had photoshop installed on my newish hard drive I would've done a much nicer looking style.

To check out the new style you can click on the "settings" link in the upper right corner. Then click on the "general settings" link on the left side. Scroll down until you see the style options and select Valentine and click save.

OR you can choose Valentine from the drop down menu in the bottom left corner of the main forum page.

Also added a half dozen new heart smilies . To use them you will need to type the proper code, just remove the space between the * and the h in the examples below. The new smilies will work every where on every style

* hsad
                  * hmad
                  * hlovestruck
                  * hcool
                  * hsmile
                  * hworry

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Made a few minor adjustments to the Valentine style. Hopefully I'll have some better icons too

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Thank You, Mike!

((((((Mike))))))

Thank You!!!!

Nice, soft colors. I like!

You're the best!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Love & Light,

Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

awww those icons are cute. Is it me or does the thanks button disappear with valentines? No big deal just noticed

Comment

Ok made more changes to the Valentine theme . Thanks button should be visible, new status icons (got a copy of photoshop ), and the top links were added as well.

Let me know if I missed anything else as I'm a bit bleary eyed now

Comment

​sound like nappy time! Thanks Mike.

Comment

New style installed :)

Since it's now spring time I finished (mostly) my "Spring" style This one is more thorough as I spent a lot more time on it. I wanted to release it on the first day of spring but it wasn't ready then Also notice it doesn't have the original logo ... it looked way out of place so I made a simple one (just for this style).

Known issues:

The report post icon isn't showing properly .... found out it isn't showing on any style It works, just doesn't display like it should.

The add infraction (for mods and admins only) also isn't showing properly .... found out it isn't showing on any style as well It works, just doesn't display like it should.

Let me know what you think of the Spring style and if you find any issues :)

Step 1 - log in

Comment

I'm switching to the Spring style right now. The posts are more readable than in the Autumn one I've been using. Thank you!
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X