Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New seasonal style installed

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((MIKE))))))

Thanks for the Thanks Button! And for all you do for us!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member

whoohoo all this makes me look forward to next new change or whatever. The decorative border sure does make it all lively, and I like that very much. many thanks. and the daily one we have most of the time sure ain't so bad either, or else why would everyone get into such an uproar if we can't get into BT. LOL.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I can't get it. What am I doing wrong? I clicked on "settings & on that page it had "general settings under "my account". I clicked there & just got a page that wanted me to answer a few things, like, 'do you want invisable mode or not & a vCard download.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

You need to use the drop down box at the bottom of the page, not settings. Hope this helps. Good luck!
    Last edited by Frog42; 10-22-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Lor))))))

I was confused by the initial instructions too. But here's what you need to do to access the different available styles or "skins" for BT.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Under the box "Posting Permissions," find the pull down menu for vb4Default.

Click on the up and down arrows on the right of that pull down menu.

There you will find halloween and halloween2 as options, as well as a couple of other options.

Highlight the option you want. Your page will change to show that style/skin.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Quote Originally Posted by lor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't get it. What am I doing wrong? I clicked on "settings & on that page it had "general settings under "my account". I clicked there & just got a page that wanted me to answer a few things, like, 'do you want invisable mode or not & a vCard download.
    You need to scroll down that page towards the bottom to get to the part he's talking about. There's a difference between using that setting and picking from the selector at the bottom of the page but I don't remember what it is. Or perhpas my mind is just playing it's usaul tricks on me.

Distinguished Community Member

Love it!
    Mary Grace

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swanton Bomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need to scroll down that page towards the bottom to get to the part he's talking about. There's a difference between using that setting and picking from the selector at the bottom of the page but I don't remember what it is. Or perhpas my mind is just playing it's usaul tricks on me.
    The difference is how the software handles the request. By going through the settings the change takes place in the database. By using the selector at the bottom of the page it uses a cookie. So if you delete the cookie your style choice will be set to the default style.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I didn't see it last year. Yesteday I put "Halloween" & today I put "Halloween2"& they both look the same. Orange on the sides with green. Someone said that last year it was sorta' hard on your eyes. The green on orange is too.
    Lorraine (lor)

Blog Entries

We didn't have a Halloween theme last year, only a Christmas / holiday one (which will be available after Thanksgiving :) ). I'm not sure I'll be able to get a turkey day one done, but I'll try
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast