Thread: Neuro Visit

Default Neuro Visit

My neuro today started me on Nortriptyline which is an anti d that helps neuro pain. I will have another EMG at the end of the month since my reflexes were poor. Finally, I hope Medicare will approve the MRI of my whole spine. I hope to get some answers, and thy can compare to last years MRI. After that, I may try an ortho, the spinal cord stimulator or a morphine pump. I'll post again with any updates.

Funny, when leaving his office, I had a major sciatica episode down the left leg. I hope to have the MRI ASAP, in case something is more apparent while the pain is ongoing.

Thanks for listening. Man, this forum used to be hoppin' in the old days. Maybe everyone is happy and healthy and enjoying life!

Marmar

Yeah... there used to be a LOT of posting and replies. Seems very quite now compared to the mid to late nineties. I guess the changes from one server to another over time has left many unable to find us. I have had that issue a couple times, but eventually would get hooked back up.

Sometimes anit D's can help nueropathic pain. It has not worked for me, but that is just me. I would get strange visions and see wierd things so I did not take them for long. Still, many have gotten much needed relief from them. I do hope you get your MRI and they can determine what the problem is and finally get it fixed right. While some areas have difficulty getting great medical care, we have some wonderful docs and medical care in Nashville. That really helps when you need the best care you can get. It is nice not to have to travel to get it. Then, many of us have learned the hard way, that pain is just pain. Somehow we can continue in spite of it and we do our best to control it, but it is not always easy. When that happens we just have to keep going as much as possible and find ways to enjoy our lives. We will pray.

Distinguished Community Member

I use Cymbalta to deal with my neuropathic pain as my pain meds did a good job on the acute chronic pain but there was an underlying pain that I couldn't touch but was just as severe. Cymbalta did a good job with this pain; I called it suicidal pain as there was no let up and the constant intense pain focused all my thoughts on the pain. I hope you get good relief with the new med as there are different aspects to our pain.

The site has slowed down as a result of server issues and several big shut downs but we can keep up with each other and provide what info we have for one another untilmore find us.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Thanks Joe and Mark. I'll try anything at this point. I was on Cymbalta for years, and when I stopped, went thru horrendous side affects, and it took me months to wean off. So I'll keep I did want to try massage, but Medicare doesn't cover it and its not cheap here in NYC, one quote was $75 a session. It is a possibility I may explore. I will have my MRI times 3 on Oct 25th, and the EMG is the 30th. I'll keep everyone posted, and thanks so much for replying and for caring! Marmar

The last medication they gave me for nueropathic pain was Lyrica. I did NOT like it! It made me see strange things. I took one dose and quit. It may work for others though. Everyone seems to respond differently to all the meds.