Aneurysms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aneurysms

My MRIs last week showed aneurysms (yes plural). I just had MRAs this afternoon to find out more. Has anyone ever experienced this?

I also have lots of MS progression on cervical and thorasic MRIs. That's bad but this aneurysm thing is terrifying.

~Susan (sigh) who is supposed to start teaching next week
    Last edited by ssusan; 10-12-2012, 01:50 PM.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

I guess your Birthday wasn't a great day for you then. Aneurysms are like pockets in your viens, I think, right? Not sure, but it sure sounds scary to me too. What are your Docs planning to do about it?

I hope they are going to get them out of there, before they cause you problems.

My healing thoughts and prayers are with you. Please get well soon.

Last edited by SalpalSally; 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

They just told you some aneurysms were found?

Are these brain aneurysms? A doctor needs to interpret these findings to you, and soon. Lots of aneurysms just sit there forever. Much depends on their location and size.

For instance, a neighbor of mine was told she had an aneurysm right behind her eye. She died 10 years after telling me this but her death was completely unrelated to the aneurysm.

ssusan, I'm so sorry you have this additional worry. I hope you can find out something helpful soon.

By the way, a number of people sent you birthday wishes in the Chitchat thread in case you missed it.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Ssusan, I have a brain aneurysm,it was coiled last September , I am one year out from that surgery....so far so good and I go back for an MRA in March to check the coils and stents to make sure they haven't compacted. Don't panic yet, let your neuro guy explain it all to you and tell you what your options are. So many of us have been where you are and we do understand the fear that the word aneurysm can put in your mind. They have several ways to approach aneurysm's now , so just take some deep breaths and wait for your doctor to advise you. Hugs and the very best wishes and well being I send to you.,GING
        Last edited by Ging; 10-14-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks you guys! I had MRAs yesterday for more information than the MRI showed. I panicked when I got home(which is when I wrote in). I should get the report Monday. Neuro is out of town until 10/20. A step at a time I guess. I have taken a deep breath. I start teaching next week but not going to alert employer until I know something. I worked farmers' market this morning. Going to stay distracted.

Thanks for pointing me to chit chat. I haven't been there this week.
          ~Susan

Comment

MMP-9 connection MS & Aneurysms

I posted about this years ago

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Braindead
            As God is my witness, I really thought turkeys could fly!
            (WKRP in Cincinnati)

Comment

Well, happy birthday and here is a kick in the pants on top, Ms SSusan!

That is news I wouldn't want to hear but I suppose I would rather hear it than
              not hear it since there is something that can be done.

My family has a history of aneurysm activity 8>p before the medical establishment knew what to do,
              Now there are things we can do.
              If Braindead, still with us and posting!, is on the money
              my astronomically high HDLs should help.
              Cheers to all the turmeric, grape seed extract and hot peppers you can ingest.

Yup the farmers market sounds like good physical and mental therapy.
              My other birthday wishes to you remain the same.

-r

Comment

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not an aneurysm!!!!!!!!!!! I am so relieved.

It's kind of like when I was diagnosed 13 yrs ago. It was with a brain tumor or MS. I was so relieved that it was only MS.

It is not an aneurysm. Only that my MS has progressed a lot-which I knew.

Thanks for your support.

Comment

Yay Susan, that is great news on the aneurysm, I hope your MS slows down in progression by the time you have your next check up. I am very happy you do not have the aneurysms, now you can really celebrate that birthday

Comment

Boy did I sleep well last night. Thanks again you guys
                    ~Susan

Comment

If this had happened to me, I guess I'd wonder about the person who told me that aneurysms were found.

You could certainly have been spared the stress.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Not their fault, Agate. I always ask for a copy of the report. It says something about 2 bulbous arteries, possibly aneurysms. Recommendation for MRA.

I saw the word aneurysms and freaked out. My husband kept saying wait until you get the MRA report. Easier said then done.

My MS neuro is out of town until next week.

Comment

I was going to add my Thanks for your post, ssusan, but I can't find the place for that in this Halloween template.

Anyway, thanks for explaining! I think that report would scare anyone but they have to mention all of the possibilities, I guess.

Comment

I just saw there's no Thanks button here, Agate. Wonder if we can get them to add it?

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Working...
                            X