Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't upload photos

hey mike!

i've been trying to upload photo's for a few days and i can't.

i'm trying to upload a new profile pic. my pic size is 75x96 and 11KB, after i try to load it, i get a vBulletin message that "the image cannot be saved".

when trying to upload photo's into my posts through the "insert image" icon in the box in reply or advanced, i get an error message which says, "[IOError Event type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2text="Error #2038] sorry if i didn't get all the right spacing in that.

i've never had probs uploading an image from the "insert image" icon before. has anyone else been having trouble, or just me?

thanks ,
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Hmmm that's an error I don't recognize at all :( I'll have to do some research to see what might be causing it, but we haven't changed anything to affect images lately :(
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Ok try again and let me know if you still have troubles. I can't test it myself because my test account doesn't have 11 posts yet

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
      Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Choose Happiness 2.jpg

1/2 and 1/2. i got this image from the icon, but my profile pic try still said "unable to save this file".

thanks, mike. i hope i can get a profile pic up, too

jeannie
        Last edited by tic chick; 10-11-2012, 07:17 AM.
        WE ARE BT!

Comment

LoL figures, alright try again please

Step 1 - log in

Comment

still: "unable to save the image".

jeannie
            Last edited by tic chick; 10-12-2012, 08:07 AM.
            WE ARE BT!

Comment

Hmm, alright I'll have to ask the vB guys n gals.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Should be good to go now.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

mike, thanks so much for keeping at this for 3 days. i really appreciate your effort at solving this problem for me.

camper
                  jeannie
                  WE ARE BT!

Comment

It was really only about an hours work, but many hours of waiting for a reply Turns out it was affecting everyone even if they didn't realize it.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Working...
                    X