Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New member

  1. #1

    Question New member

    Hi my name is Emily. I just got my MRI results yesterday. Ive got alot of questions. I dont see a doctor for a week yet. I have no clue what the words on the report are.Does any know what a posterior predominately central disk bulge with disk desiccation is? I am in so much pain its not funny . Have been suffering for over a year and no one takes me seriously . They tell me its all in my head. And the doctor that had before told me there was nothing wrong. Have gone to a Chiropractor for 3 months. Went three times a week. And also do physical therapy. I am on a muscle relaxer and its not doing much except making me fall asleep only to wake up in a few hours in pain. Any advice would be welcomed and greatly appreciated

    Thanks Emily

  2. #2
    Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Blog Entries


    hi Emily and welcome. I am not sure what exactly that means but Google it. You should be able to get a general idea. Make a list of questions to ask your doc so that you are well informed. good luck with getting some help

  3. #3
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006


    welcome to BT Emily.

    if your own doctor told you this is all in your head......might consider finding a new doctor? you deserve respect & empathy afterall. good luck to you!

  4. #4
    Administrator/SYSOP Mike Weins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Blog Entries


    Hello and welcome

    You might want to visit our Spinal Disorders Forum <-- click to see what questions you should pose to your doctor on your next visit. I don't know a lot about it, but dessication is the drying out of the are between your vertebrae.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

    Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

    It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

    Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

    Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

    Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm a new member
    By tgcasey in forum New member introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 06:24 PM
  2. Intro from new member
    By RustyBonz in forum Chronic Pain
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM
  3. Registered user vs Community Member vs Distinguished Community Member
    By Mike Weins in forum BrainTalk's feedback forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
  4. New Member with fibromyalgia
    By Marj1 in forum New member introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 04:49 AM
  5. Member List?
    By agate in forum BrainTalk's feedback forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 04:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

BTC Inc's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy

The material on this site is for information & support purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice provided by a licensed health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything that you find online.