basil apex aneurysem.wide neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basil apex aneurysem.wide neck

Hello-and I am wondering whom else is confused re treatment for a wide necked basil apex aneurysem.
    Mine is 8 mml in length and I think it was later found on second tests to be 5- 6 cm width at one end and said more difficult to coil--/treat/--as a wide neck and sensitive place(meaning difficult area to access and treat)

Has anyone info on similar please? I would love to communicate with someone whom has suffered similar?/?

I am rather in awe of all this as the aneurysem was found doing a spine MRI for damages in my spine following car accident,which happened years ago---but more painful as got older etc/

I would love to hear from some?//?
    thanking you kindly,

Hello Xmarianne,
    welcome to braintalk, I dont know about a basil apex aneurysm , but my basilar tip aneurysm has such a wide neck that the doctor had to use two stents first to cover it then put the coils in.This was my second surgery and it is very nerve wracking. Like you mine was found during an MRI after I fell and they were looking for a blood clot or seeing if I had any bleeding in the brain.
    Mine was estimated at 4mm when found but further testing showed it to be 7mm and tall like a loaf of bread.... then when surgery was done it was alot bigger. I have to have checks to make sure the coils have not compacted or slipped down. I hope you do well and I am sure others will answer you that may have more information for you. I dont know if any of this is helpful to you but I did want to reply to let you know there are people who will reach out to you and offer help any way they can. ging

Comment

how are you?I have still not had surgery;and wonder if i would be best to.

Originally posted by Ging View Post
      Hello Xmarianne,

welcome to braintalk, I dont know about a basil apex aneurysm , but my basilar tip aneurysm has such a wide neck that the doctor had to use two stents first to cover it then put the coils in.This was my second surgery and it is very nerve wracking. Like you mine was found during an MRI after I fell and they were looking for a blood clot or seeing if I had any bleeding in the brain.
      Mine was estimated at 4mm when found but further testing showed it to be 7mm and tall like a loaf of bread.... then when surgery was done it was alot bigger. I have to have checks to make sure the coils have not compacted or slipped down. I hope you do well and I am sure others will answer you that may have more information for you. I dont know if any of this is helpful to you but I did want to reply to let you know there are people who will reach out to you and offer help any way they can. ging
      as time has gone by and I had put decision off(regarding surgery) till after xmas/ and now wondering if I may just open a can of worms by proceeding.As such a wide necked one,medical teams have advised risks;and not able to know what they will be able to do,till actually going in there....
      I want to just forget about it.I also wonder if making my thinking/thoughts a bit 'all over the place'
      Finding decision making very much a challenge(that is generalising)---- and not just regarding possibly surgery!!

Mine is at least 8 mm and 6mm width

Comment

Xmarianne, having my aneurysm coiled was the best thing to happen for me, I have a much better chance of survival and to see my grandchildren grow. Mine had to be done interventual and the recovery was so much quicker. Without the surgery , you wonder about every headache, you think " is this it" since my coiling I have much fewer headache and I feel good most of the time. I drive, am going to the gym and am getting ready for my MRA for my year and half follow up. I hope you do well with what you and your doctor come up with as far as the best approach. I have two stents because the neck was so wide and many coils. My aneurysm was getting very large as I waited for medical coverage...they are dangerous, mine was at least as large as yours , wide and tall ( like a loaf of bread or building) the thought of having a ticking time bomb in my head was nerve racking and very hard to live with in the untreated form.
        Best of luck , post and let us know how you are and what you decide

Comment

Working...
        X