Thread: OT What do we like or dislike about "Fall"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT What do we like or dislike about "Fall"

just a little tidbit,,

I like fall, but also hate it, what my body does , with the changing of seasons.., seems I relapse more, till we get adjusted,,, the smell of burning leaves, crops being taken out,,deer hunting,,awwwe.. its a job, but someone has to do it,,

Food, apple "anything"..pumpkin, pie/bars/bread.. and chili !! oh yeah,, the comfort food galore,,

Winter clothes being worn,,summer clothes put away

your turn >>>>>
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The winter/summer clothes exchange is always fun. I get reminded of clothes I'd almost forgotten I had, and it's like seeing an old friend.

I like both fall and spring because there are so many days that are "just right"--not too hot, not too cold, usually no ice to slip around on.

But when cold weather sets in, it does take time to remember how that feels. I have to remember to add layers of clothes.

I enjoy the fall colors. Reds and yellows and oranges! You just can't be too gloomy about winter coming on when all of that color is around you.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member

I like fall and spring best of all because as Agate says there are days when the weather is just right....even the humidity is good MS weather. I went to my Neurologist a little over a week ago and I told him it was a good MS day for that very reason.

I also enjoy the change in clothes. I don't think I would want to live where you wear the same type clothing all the time. I look forward to the change in the fall and winter clothing, but then I am ready to see some spring and summer things when it gets close to that time of year.

I love the fall colors and sometime get to ride up in the mountains around the Blue Ridge Parkway and maybe have lunch in Boone, NC. But then when it is about time for spring I look forward to seeing things bloom again.

I guess I am just not a real cold winter person and definitely not a hot summer person. Neither of the extremes help me cope with MS.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Hi Peg, welcome back. Are you going to start an Oct. chit chat thread?

All season changes play havoc with the MS body, but Autumn is the least problematic and I love it!

The only thing I don't like about it is that DH and I married in the fall and he's not here on earth to enjoy it with me..

Last edited by SalpalSally; 10-01-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Hey Sally - Peg is ahead of you! She started October chit-chat this morning.
    Virginia

I love Fall and Spring weather. As others have noted there are days when the weather is just right and the humidity of summer is gone. The extremes of hot or cold are more problematic in the MS department.

The colors of Fall leaves are so beautiful as is the new green we get every Spring along with all the flowers that bloom only in the Spring. Our yongest son and family live in Tennessee, a few miles from Boone, N.C.

Blessings,

Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Red face

I like that fall is usually not too hot or cold, unless you are at the extreme ends of the season. I like to watch the leaves change colors, then fall. I love apple cider fresh the orchard. Then there are pumpkins!

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

I like going from a warm apartment to a lovely, crisp, cool and colorful outdoors.

I do not like going from a cold apartment to a cold outdoors because the guy who said
    he would remove my AC a week ago hasn't done it.

Grrrr and Brrrr.