Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skipping this Year's MRI !!!

I got good news today

My Brain Dr. dude says I don't have to do the MRI/MRA this year and instead I can wait until November 2013 !

Yahooooooooooo - because there is nothing I like about that procedure or machine at all.

OK - maybe it 's not fabulous news but to me it's good news - I am tired of being <a> patient (hmmmmm?)

So my 2nd little ANE must not be causing any stir and all my Coils and Stent haven't gone rafting!

So there............some good news for me that I wanted to share.

Not sure anyone is out there - it's Soooooooooooooooo quiet on here - but it's still summer so to be expected.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weather & life!

sigpic Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Hi Trish, So very happy for you! Congrats. Hope all is well, it's fall here, went right from summer this week, had to turn on the heater. Take care.
    Shelly
    Shelly

Comment

Hey Shelly ~ thanks ~ so nice to know others appreciate the MRI skip - I feel like I am playing hookey or something!

I hear you on turning on the heater - Awwwww poor you Brrrr - winter is coming soon enough - just right now it still feels like summer here.

On the plus side (?) you get to wear all your pretty autumn and winter clothes!!!
      sigpic Tropical Trish

Comment

Woo Hoo Trish, that is great news...that means you are doing well in the noggin department :)
        That makes the rest of us who are still in the post operative stage hopeful that we will be where you are soon !

I dont know why it is so quite on here...maybe all the annie peeps are doing great and have reclaimed their life...no news is good news kinda thing ? At least thats what I hope. . many of the old group cruise like I do and see if there are any new post and will respond if there are....I check the emotional site as well and the home page to see what is going on, I really hope the site stays up...you don't know what you have until it is gone, remember when it went down and we all went into panic ??
        Any way Miz Trish , this is about you...congratulations on gaining more ground in between the old Mri scans :) that is a real big deal , hugs from your old buddy Ging ((hugs))
        Last edited by Ging; 09-28-2012, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Trish
          That is very wonderful news that you get to skip a year.That dang angiogram is mostly definately not any fun.I believe there is just a few of us left on here now,but thats ok we still have each others back.

Good Luck to you and keep that smile on your face

Jimmy C

Comment

Thanks Ging and Jimmy!

Thanks for posting - its just SO nice to see you both on here!!!!

I know for sure you two understand and have both been thru too - what all these darn tests do to us - more radioactive dye more invasive treatments one way or another - more travelling to get to the procedure and all the stress and some pain that goes with it - so to skip one? I am ecstatic! Yay me Yay me Yay me!!!

I have enough other doctor dudes cutting poking prodding or sending me thru weird machines to last 5 lifestimes - in the last 4 years - in addition to the whole Brain Aneursym adventure!

I know I am not alone on THAT - that many others are having health challenges too - but it sure is nice to able to get some empathy & sharing from folks who understand here on BT, but it seems folks are just out being busy and some have not found their way back to this "newer" version of BT. So quiet..............shhhhhh!

Others have just moved on and that is fine too. But it's a shame that more don't find this site who have been diagnosed with an Ane because all the posts from those that became my friends on here and all the strangers - sure got/gets me through the rough times. I couldn't have come thru this so positive without you all.

I know folks some lurk - that is fine - but anyone who does have a question should post - there is no dumb question - we have all asked them so ask away! :)

I think I asked the most dumb questions of anyone!!!
            Last edited by TropicalTrish; 10-02-2012, 05:00 AM.
            sigpic Tropical Trish

Comment

I'm still here!!!

Hey Trish!
              Great news re no MRI- they are no fun!
              I still check the site regularly- just don't post that much. I guess I am trying to regain my life- though the aneurysm memories will always stay with me. The damn big scars on my head will be a constant reminder!
              All well here in Sydney -we are in Spring but today is predicted to be 26 celcius and tomorrow and Friday 30. So it's our burst of early Summer.
              Take care and enjoy the test free year.
              Trace x

Comment

Heya Trace and thanks!!!

Good to see you again! Man - now it's starting to feel like ol home week on here! Yahhhhhhhooooooooooooo! - now where's Beachgirl and the other Oz folks !??

Oh you know I feel somehow that I got so lucky with the coiling vs what you and others have gone thru with the clipping.

I didn't have a choice mind you - but I almost think I would have chickened out and still choosen the coiling - even though the clipping is more proven.

I really admire you for having done so Trace and you just hold your head up high because those scars came from courage!

We all got scars somewhere on our bodies anyhow! Ok - except for the youngins maybe

Glad you are well and now you get a beautiful Spring to enjoy while the most of us get out our woolies and boots!

My best.
                Last edited by TropicalTrish; 10-03-2012, 03:34 PM.
                sigpic Tropical Trish

Comment

Working...
                X