Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still here from the "old" days?

Default Anyone still here from the "old" days?

I haven't been on here in ages, and was just curious if anyone was still around from "way back then."

Brion L

Distinguished Community Member

Cool Still Here

Remember the great flood?
    Hope this finds you well and pain free - the name rings bells.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Brion, still around hoping to talk to more people from the old days or get more new people coming in.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Hi Brion....don't know if you remember me. I joined around 2003 or 4 I think. How have you been? What I most remember about you is how strong
    you have been with issues that would have put most of us under. I am glad to hear from you. Please tell us how you are doing. This forum could use
    some of your amazing drive and optimism despite incredible obstacles. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    All my best, Diandra

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

hello Brion. I remember you. I joined back in 1999. Is that far enough "back"?ack

Good to see you and hope you will stick around. Hope your health is on the positive side.

take care, Jo6 aka Issy aka several other names, just can't

remember them all. Also, I am Julia
    Last edited by Jo6; 09-27-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

I first came here in 99, looking for information to help with a wrist injury from an auto accident. We had already been through round 1 with Greg's cancer in 95-96, and thought we were in the clear. Cancer had other plans, and hell followed with it.

I'm not really sure what brought me back here, and why I decided to share my life with complete strangers, but Braintalk became a refuge in the storm. I could open myself up to the people here, something I couldn't do anywhere else. I took a huge risk putting myself and my family online for all to see, but the love and support we received truly gave me renewed hope in humanity. Just like anyone with chronic pain/health issues, I continue to go through ups and downs, but the fact that I'm still alive and able to enjoy my children and grandchildren diminishes whatever problems I have to put up with.

Several people (including a couple of professional writers) have suggested I write a book about our experiences, using my Braintalk and email updates and posts as the basis. Somehow, I had the presence of mind to save all my posts and updates, so it would be possible. I think I have reached the point where I could deal with it emotionally. For the first time in over a decade, I looked at a few of those posts and emails. They are still very painful to read, but I didn't completely fall apart. I'll keep you posted.

Brion L

Blog Entries

Hi Brion, i am real old timer. I spoke to you on the phone back in maybe 2004 after years of corresponding about my son Nick's pain. You were very kind. Do you remember us? Nick, my son is 24 now!!! Hope you are well!
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Julia, I haven't seen you around for quite a while and it was a pleasant surprise to sign on and see your post. Donna, you are another I used to see posting all the time but it seems like forever since the last post I read from you.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Donna, yes I do remember speaking to you, although I must admit I don't remember the particulars. Did it concern a baclofen pump? So glad to see he is doing well.

There are quite a few old timers that come in frequently and keep up with how everyone are doing but don't post and then there are others who keep changing names every year or so for personal reasons. It is neat to bump into someone who goes back to the mid 90s. Everyone have a good evening.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast