Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still here from the "old" days?

Distinguished Community Member

thank you pain95 and others. I hope the board gets more people as it has been,at times, literally a life saver for me.Hope this finds everyone as comfortable as possible.
    Take care
    Blessings
    alex44
    skypilot - although my faith is being sorely tested right now
    A.

jeannie, you reminded me about what this place was like when I first found it back in 1998. I had forget that it was that way but I remember it was wild at times but I still got good advice and info from it. It is good to see you answering this post.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Julia, it is good to see you again as it has been a while since you were in the Pity Party room.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

New Community Member

I was here in 1997, only a few were on the board. I remember Brion especially because he built organs and I played one. The sad time in your life that you lost your son to cancer. Of course there was Alex44 that always had strong words of wisdom. So many others, Jo, who I think was in a wheelchair at one time and was healed. Then of course there was Mark, the enduring one. I have so many memorys . Remember John, who started Braintalk and his talking about walking out of his building with the tapes of all of our posting? He felt such a sense of obligation to our lifes that he held in his hands.
    I had a period of time when after 3 lumbar surgeries, morphine pump, and all the rest meds, I felt much better and got away from the computer altogether. I began volunteering at a free clinic as Nurse Educator, and a few months after doing this I had to have my fourth lumbar surgery. So, I'm back on meds.

I may have mentioned my grandaughter that had to have kidney transplants and I donated her first one. She had 19 years of life after becoming sick at age 2. She went to be with our Lord three years ago and I miss her so much. That is one reason I started my volunteer work about 2 years ago. I have gone back to it and love working with people who don't have insurance and/or money for payment to a doctor.

I will try to check in more but I do stay busy.
    Have a blessed day everyone.

Maggie, thanks for bring up more memories. I remember when you talked about your granddaughter and how you gave her one of your kidneys [or maybe my memory is mixed up] and I am sorry she lost her life. I can imagine how much you miss her as our son is down in the Army boot camp and I miss him a lot even though I know he will be home for Christmas. Sorry you are heading into another spinal surgery but glad you were able to volunteer for for a few months and being able to get back to it again. There are people that get a lot of help from you that they need.

I am not totally disabled and every day is a different as to how much I can be up or what I can do. I can't do much and other than my wife I am pretty isolated most days. I can talk to people once in while and see my granddaughters so those days are good.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Mark, I have missed our chats in the "Pity Party" room. I see you have another beautiful granddaughter. Congratulations! I'll pop back into our room soon.((Mark))

Maggie, I am glad to hear from you,but am sorry you are not well. I remember you, but you may remember Jo, I can not rememr her last name, but she would always say "this is the OLD Jo. She was a very lovely lady and I miss her dearly. the last time I heard from her she wasn't well. I pray she is doing better.

Its nice to see others that we met all those years ago. WE did have some good chats in the Chit Chat room!

Brion, thanks again for starting this thread. I hope you are doing better every day.

My love and prayers to all, Jo AKA Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Community Member

Hi All ~ I've been around since about '96 or so on the old forum. I miss the 'old days' when it was so busy. So many of our people are gone now. I hope they've all "healed up" and are enjoying their lives. I'm still disabled, and will always be. I can still walk, albeit kinda lopsided and gimpy. I use a cane alot too. But at least I'm on two feet!

I remember Mark of course, and Alex, Maggie, Jo, Brion, and a number of others who post here, who's names escape me at the moment. That's a big problem for me -- my memory!!! Good grief, I can't even think of simple words anymore. I have to ask my kids to help me. Between the medications and the fact that I damaged my brain due to heavy drinking I did years ago, my memory is shot! So if I left someone's name out, I apologize! I DO remember you -- I just can't remember your name! LOL Oh jeez.

Anyway -- It's good to be here and good to see people posting! Take care everyone and God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Jo, stop in any time as the PP room is lonely any more. We had some good threads going in that room for a while. Good to see your post. Lee I didn;t realize you started on this site so early, talk about an oldtimer:).

Between chronic pain and the spinal board, there was always someone(s) on the board to talk to durring those long painful nights. There were often night owl threads that were down right crazy. I know the "silly talk" bothered some but if you didn't care for it, you knew to stay away from the night owl threads. Humor and idle chit chat makes the night pass faster when the pain monster raises his head. Most of the old night owls have moved on or have changed names. It's safe to come out and play as owls are now an endangered species. I have a friend who got slapped with a huge fine for shooting an owl that kept killing her chickens and rabbits.

Default Love Owls

I hope the person who shot an owl got a hugh fine - a little jail time would be ok with me too. I remember a long time ago, a elderly lady had a Barn owl as a companion. The Goverment got wind and decided she could no longer have it. they took the owl away. they BOTH went down hill until the outcry generated by this travesty caused them to reunite the lady and her owl. for once, they got it right. I am not advocating this as wild animals belong in their natural habitat (which is shrinking for profit) but this was a unique situation she had rescued it - I imagine it fell from the nest and they bonded. Last I heard, they were doing well.

I am a night owl, but lately too sick to stay up.
    Hope this finds everyone doing well - it is a shame the board is not as rambunctious as it used to be, maybe why we have lost people - Political correctness and TOS I suspect.
    that and the goverment watching everything - GPS on your phone,car and now - RFID tags for our kids. My opinion on any of the above would get me kicked off the board so I will leave it at that - thoughts, PM me.
    anyway, Blessings to all
    Alex44
    skypilot

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast