Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Anyone still here from the "old" days?

Distinguished Community Member

Jo6 - Sorry to hear about the pain levels I hope it gets better for you. Congratulations on the new grandbaby that will grace this world.
    Blessings
    alex44
    Skypilot

New Community Member

Default Hi All

i don't stop by much anymore as it seems like the Chronic Pain forum has almost died from what it used to be. Hi brion, I remember the pipe organ shop, and the sore loss of your son. I hear folks say how amazing it is that some people have so much courage, to hold up like they do, and often wonder where they come with that BUNK(, Its not like we have any choice in the matter. Its either do your best or give up and die, and most of us have family depending on us so?? Only one option Suffer and Live, AIE,
    I hope things are much better in your life now!!
    I sure got alot of help from Philip, back in late 99 a thru 2003, then I quit coming much and he fell off the map, I had thoughts of him and hope he is fine, and too may others of you to mention during my active need for help through the unknown entrance of forever Chronic Pain. I'm not much use to help others anymore, too damn many meds to allow my brain to think clearly more than 60 seconds or so??? ha ha, well more like lazy I guess. Well back to enjoying myself, hey hummer stay cool! best wishes, ray

ray, glad to see you checking in but don't sell yourself short as many people choose to give up rather than deal with their lot in life. You are right that for some of us we really don't have a choice because we grew up with the idea that we don't give up because others count on us. Sorry to hear the meds are not letting you think clearly but many of us have to choose meds to be able to function at all.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Well said Mark - I deal with life - life just has a hard time dealing with me.
    Hope this finds you and yours well
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, I hope you are doing better and your health care situation has improved. Things here have been going very well except for increased pain. Our son is in the 82 Airborne training for deployment to 'stan in Dec. Our grandchildren are fighting illnesses but they are acting as if they are over it. The family is heading North next Friday to see my wife's parents and siblings and they will drop me off at my mom's as I can't travel so far. It will be good to get up to my mom's as I haven't been there in over a year. Used to be I could drive up once a month for a two day visit but now I can't drive that far any more.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910