readers digest version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

readers digest version

Now I know ya'll see how long this is and are thinking dagnab what could possibly be worth saying that much. Well I'll tell ya....not a lot. Better get yourself a snack or a smoke and dig in. Maybe read in bits and pieces that is why I put it all by it's lonesome instead of in WH.

Wow so long since I have been here it seems besides the occasional quicky.

I finally got a keyboard for my ipad which makes typing sooooo much easier. My brother took his computer back but by the time he got it back something on it died, oh well just harder for him to pawn.

Let's see, spent the end of July in the hospital for abdominal pain, they never figured it out and except for spots on lungs found nothing. Checked myself out AMA cause I kept getting sicker thanks to the wonderful treatment of their docs. My doc is looking into it all via the records so i have been getting all kinds of testing done. Bad pap last november, find out in February, repap last monday which was normal. Mammogram fine. Gotta have an endoscopy, which I just had done in April and a colonoscopy. Yuck, been dreading that.

Foot tumor is gone and the site is healing wonderfully but my arthritis seems to have become out of control in both feet and ankles so me no walk so good. Finding that a healthy dose of Ibuprofen with my pain meds seems to make a bit of difference. Have lost a total of 50 lbs over this last year. Trying to keep it off. Easy to do when ya don't walk so good and can't get to the fridge but you also can't get no exercise.

Getting closer to getting shortcake's room done. No....I'm not done yet. Shelves are ready to go up and hanging bookcase is ready for installation. Gotta pick my jobs. Can only do a bit here and there and still try to keep the house in tolerable shape and now we are working on getting the property ready for winter. Plus three downed trees and two that are dead that need felling.

Shortcake's encopresis is at an all time horrible. Gastro says he tested high on the carbohydrate allergy test. Guess 12 is allergic and he scored 11. Doc says no simple sugars cause it may be contributing to his issue and it is all so confusing to me. It goes along with so many other gastro issues. So I am trying to research and making sure he gets his fiber and lots of water. Wants us back in April and if his sphincter isn't contracting like it should they are talking about some new thing with injections into the sphincter with some kind of plastic to make it swollen and tight. We do not want them to start messing with him physically. All I see is him spending the rest of his life with screwed up bowels because some doc wanted to try a procedure. There are some things that can get worse. Also have been thinking of throwing in a probiotic. Can't believe I haven't tried that already.

B is still in Georgia. Met a woman with children and has become entangled in all of her drama. her mother is a grade a loon. He has his first place and a job and he no longer cares to have a relationship with his father who was wonderful enough to get drunk and tell his son that he was worthless and that he wished he'd never come down right in the middle of the street, middle of the day, in front of all the neighbors. So after a few of those scenes B was ready to come home but they started getting serious just before his ride got there. He opted to stay. He would have left feeling as though he didn't really try despite all of the lies and promises his dad told and broke. I am sure he will come home soon enough.

CJ is still at GM and is managing to stay on first shift even though almost all of the other temps on his shift have been booted to a different one by senior employees. I love it, he gets home right after shortcake gets off the bus.

THE BUS. Oh what a wonder. I have always had to get up and take my children to school because they didn't go in the lived in district, then of course at about 3 I would have to go back out for pick up but having that big yellow wonder stop at the end of my driveway and pick up or discharge my wonderful child makes me dumbly happy. I have dreamed of it for years lol. Shortcake is in a different school, first year of middle school and all new kids this year and I was so afraid that it would adversely affect him but ever since that first day he is absolutely in love with it. Every day is a good day. My biggest fear is that his encopresis is going to become noticeable. Dreading that. Just read an article that said that there are usually 7-9 kids in the same school that suffer from the same thing.

rescued a dog on the way home from the hospital at the end of July. He was in worse condition than I was. smartest dog I have ever met but he had a mean tennis ball obsession and I could tell he wasn't one that got a lot of love. We got him better and kept him networked at first for owners but then for adopters. Last Sunday morning I decided to keep him then I got an email from the owner's sister, thank God i got the email before I made the announcement to everyone. So he is back with his family and I guess that is a good thing.

So now I am helping another lady adopt out a dog she saved from going to the pound here. THey just recently changed the policy at the county shelter of automatically putting pitbulls down instead of adopting or letting a rescue get them. Now they can be adopted and rescued instead. He is a big beautiful white pit with the most wonderful demeanor. All white with a couple of small brown spots on the back of his ears. An absolutely gorgeous animal. I have been seeing his ads since April and started talking with the lady who has him and today we met. I told her I would help find him a good home and would dog sit for her. This boy weighs in at 78 lbs but thinks he's light as a feather lol. Too much for me but I will have help. Cj has the next two weeks off lol.

OKay that is more than I planned but that is not even all I am sure. I will try to make it more often. Yes I have been on Facebook networking dogs, ranting at our ridiculous political system and passing around funnies. Good place for mindless entertainment.

One of the main reasons I got this keyboard was to be able to type more than ten words without cursing at my ipad's keyboard. Guess I did that. But everytime I tell myself I am going to check in next thing I know it is 2 a.m. lol.

so good to read something from you Chris! sounds like life is going well for you & your family finally! I seem to have lost my BOLD,so later.......((((hugs))))Pati

Comment

hi stranger. yes it is very good to hear from you. i was beginning to think you had something terribly bad go wrong. besides the usual down feelings a person gets from having to stay down. at least while i was down i discovered a good thing from it, i did not hurt as much. oddly enough the times i did hurt bad were the times i insisted on trying to use the laptop because i could not make it to computer room with knee wheeler. i was twisted sitting trying to type and or read so bones hurt really bad. being down in fact did not hurt as much otherwise. guess weight bearing is not such a good thing at all for hurting.

glad boys are fine and it is a good thing you are doing helping save the dogs. don't be a stranger here tho, it was way to quiet, LOL really was. take care

Comment

So great to finally hear from you. Sounds like your having a nice time. Glad to hear that the foot healed. Now time to get out and enjoy the fall weather.
        Take care,
        Dawn

Comment

For the first time I can ever remember we are totally caught up in bills. Taxes, sewer everything. Now we can move on to things like insuring everything and savings. Hopefully I will have a new car soon. Well..newer lol. Mine is barely getting around town. Hopefully a new mattress too.

My feet and ankles are failing quickly. They are in constant pain. Severe pain. I have to take a pain pill if I want to do anything. I am scared to death that my arthritis will increase to a point where I can't walk. I feel for ya Joy. I try not to think about the future or even really about my pain cause I feel like I could lose it if I dwell on it. I think that is part of why I haven't been here very often lately. It's a constant reminder. Hopefully as I heal more and get my orthotics next week things will get a bit better. Once good thing though is that since I lost all that weight my right knee is doing much better.

Oh yeah, hee hee I am now half owner of the house. I paid my brother off and we just need to get down to the paperwork. Yes this is my baby brother who took almost two years to talk to me when my mom died. Now we talk at least every other day. I think it is because he misses my mom and in this family I am as close he is gonna get.

Comment

oh i am so glad you and younger brother are back on good terms. i am so relieved for that. and about the job and bills being caught up and all. i am thinking i may ask for zoloft again since i am dreading this winter so bad. i ahve been on it before along with my anxiety meds and i need something. maybe just to see if it will get my behind up and moving more. i just sit and let the housework and laundry get way behind. i hurt arms pulling laundry out of washer all the time.

i know that is it because while letting foot or feet i should say, heal, i did NOT do laundry. and arms did not hurt. first load well it started back in so knew where it came from finally. i wish hubby would just pull wet ones from the machine, his jeans weigh a ton wet it seems and all. he helps but i still get waaaay behind. poor birds do no get fed at all anymore either. boo hoo this has turned into my pity party sorry, lol time to end todays version.

Comment

Joy and Christina, it is so good to hear from you both. I'm glad things are looking up for you Christina.

Joy, honey leave those blue jeans and towels for hubby to get them out of washer and dryer. I think Ken has got the message, when no blue jeans are clean and no clean towels he has kind of got the routine, but I still have to nudge now and again. I simply can not do the heavy stuff, so no help, no clean clothes. He has also taken over my kitchen. It's not as much fun as it seems to either one of us.

Life has some big surprises for those that are a little younger. I wish them the best.

I love you 2 and hope things will get better. I'm jealous that everybody is losing all that weight, but I have lost about 3 lbs. lately. Hey, 3 lbs. is 3 lbs. lol

I'm still working on that one too. My sugar is staying around 80 to 90 so I'm glad for that. Pati, you asked me sometime if I was on oxygen. the answer to that is not yet, but I'm afraid its comming to that. HE checks my oxygen level everytime I go. Hovering around 90's, So I take that as good?

Just wanted to speak to both of you and hope you both feel better every day.

(((((( Joy & Christine))))))
              Last edited by Jo6; 10-07-2012, 11:19 AM.
              Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
              'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Jo,I totally agree with you about the laundry. we should all know by now that nagging or hinting won't work. some people seem ammune to it! my new washer is so deep I swear I could fall inside the tub trying to pull out wet jeans & other heavy stuff.

we simply don't have the body we used to,we know that but other's that have gotten used to us doing everything need a wakeup call.

Comment

You're right Pati. Hinting does not get it anymore! My washer is the same, so deep I have to stand on my tip toes to get anything out. Life sure plays some dirty tricks on us.

You take care too and don't get lost in the dryer.
                  ((((hugs)))), very gently, Jo
                  Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                  'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

I should have said THE new washer/dryer-not mine. I could probably fit inside the dryer actually. bet I've shrunk down to 5'2" by now. I actually call the new set my alien friends since they have so many lights/dinger's. so I spend my days cussing out human's that are telemarketing,talking to my dog & cat,and now the new w/d set. I'm about ready to fall off the edge of humankind I guess?

Comment

Working...
                    X