Thread: ssd

Default ssd

i have been out on ssdi since '09. when will i get reviewed?

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

I started ssdi in 1977 and my first reviewed in 2001. Go digger, eh?

I've been on ssd since '05 and my first review was 2012. So, between 3 and 7yrs??? Whenever Social Security gets around to you....

Don't worry about it too much. Just continue seeing all your drs. on a regular basis.

Community Member

everyone is different .. I got reveiwed in 7 yrs

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi again, petpuppy,
    I just noticed this post (after nearly 4 years--!). By now you've probably had a review but maybe not?

I've heard that Social Security isn't pursuing the review idea as aggressively as they used to.

To answer your question, I had my first review nearly 2 years after I first went on SSDI and from time to time after that--maybe once every 5 years? When you get old enough to be transferred to the regular retirement category, you no longer have reviews.
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.