Thread: Back with the same problems in a different area!

New Community Member

Default Back with the same problems in a different area!

I was a member and user and poster before, during, and after spinal surgery - way back in 2004. I don't think I could have gotten through it without all the love, caring, encouragement, suggestions, answers from the Braintalk members. Thank you!!!

Back then I had L3-5 fused. I was pain free for a while and then the pain started again. It was determined I had failed back surgery and a lot of scar tissue.

That began epidurals, caudal epidurals, ablations. And of course, a TENS unit. These worked for a while. At the beginning of this year they no longer worked. I finally got an MRI which showed that there is no disk between L1 and L2 and between L2 and L3. My pm doc gave me an epidural in that area and for two days I was PAIN FREE!!!!!
    It was wonderful, terrific and whoopee! (I've been wondering where those darn disks went??)

But that's all it lasted - a measly 2 days. The next step is a spinal cord stimulator. I don't know yet just when it will happen - I like the group I'm with and have terrific docs, but everything takes time. (I had to wait 4 months to get my knee replacement.)

And so I'm back. I look forward to chatting with all of you!
    abbilaw

Distinguished Community Member

welcome back! hope you get some real relief for your spinal issues soon.