Checking In With Updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking In With Updates!

Hi! I hope everyone out there is getting along fine. I don't post often, but I do keep checking to see if there is any news or updates.

One great thing I have just realized that days will go by without thinking of my aneurysms, which is amazing!!! As my annie-versary approachs from my first discovery (Sept. 29th) my feelings are all over the place. My life has changed so much since then. I have had to deal with a second surgery and 1 1/2 years of pain before the diagnosis and treatment of trigeminal neuralgia caused by surgery--but my daughter is beginning her senior year of high school and my son just started first grade. What a blessing that I am here to be part of all of it and my children still have a mom. My husband actually stuck with me through all it--but I must have aged him 20 years in the process (lol).

You all are important to me and my journey and I am always here (maybe lurking) and I am thankful for all of you! I cannot tell you how much your encouragement and advice has meant to me along the way (but you all understand :) )

How is everyone else doing?
    Candice-37 years old
    7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
    4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
    September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

Candice

I know it has been extremely difficult for you to deal this annie, then the complications of having the surgerys.But as you said you are here to see your daughter start her senior year and your son beginning his first, both of those are wonderful news. Your hubby must a wonderful guy to help you thru these tough times but then again thats his job.I know my other half really caught it bad the first 6 months during and after my surgery.Tolded her that was just payback for some of the things she put me thru...(LOL).I know i took alot of things for granted before my ruptured annie...realize now just how important each and everyday of life really is.You are like myself a walking miracle. Before my ruptured annie i was a very indepent man, the kind that never ask anybody for anything but since the annie deicided to leave me blind in one eye and 70% blind in the other, things have changed.Just like with you but as my other half has repeatly informed this old hard head guy that way we have each other.BUt thanks to my family ,freinds and my awesome family here on Braintalk have made it thru 4 years and look forward to each and every day.Life has changed for us all ,but you know Dear you have to look at it as a new adventure and says thanks i am here to see it.

Wishing you the very best
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Jimmy C

Comment

Thanks, Jimmy! I have enjoyed your posts and encouragement so much and we are walking miracles! Nobody else understands us and our spouses are special people to put up with our new normal. My life totally changed with a phone call one day and though it has been rough I feel like my new normal is even better than the old! I certainly have more patience and understanding with people, I am closer to God and I have y'all!

It looks like we may be neighbors--are you in NC? I am on the coast of SC.
      Candice-37 years old
      7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
      4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
      September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

Comment

Candice, all Jimmy says is true , we all change in many different ways. You are an amazing woman , you have beat the odds big time and seeing your daughter graduate will be an awesome memory for you, with all we go through being able to celebrate one of our children's milestones is priceless, a real gift. I will be celebrating you this month, the new normal has a way of letting us enjoy what was once the little things , but now have become the big things ! (((hugs)))
        GING

Comment

Candice
          We are neighbors.Hmmm about 30 mintues from Raleigh here.Use to go down to Mrytle Beach alot.

Comment

Hey Candice!

You made it indeed!

And with style to boot :) You always keep your sense of humour and you have been such a great supporter on here - even if you are a Lurker hee hee....

Life just gets busy and whammo all that time has gone by! Amazing how if we throw ourselves back into our lives and our friends and families lives - we soon stop dwelling on the little buggers (as Nat would say)

My Ane~versary coming up in November - wow

Anyhow - way to go Kiddo and so glad you have stuck with the forum to offer support to others

My best!
            sigpic Tropical Trish
            7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
            One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Comment

Candice,congratulations! So glad to hear you are doing well.
              Shelly
              Shelly

Comment

Working...
              X