Thread: Stimulants helps?

Community Member

Default Stimulants helps?

Has anyone here ever heard of stimulants such as Methamphetamine helping some of these neurological problems?

Or, if they DO help, what does that MEAN??

I have successfully warded off TN attacks with a prescription Methamphetamine pill - the attacks comes on slowly for me, and after an hour of it steadily getting worse I took that pill and it stopped getting worse within 15 mins., then an hour later all I have is a stiff neck [as usual with my TN attacks]

Ideas? opinions?

Community Member

oops, I feel pretty silly now... I am not very "street wise" and I have since learned that "METHamphetamine" means "crystal meth" that deadly ugly awfull drug

I should have used the term "AMPHETAMINE" or "dextroamphetamine", or some brand name like "ADDERALL"

I have NEVER touched or even seen crystal meth, by the way. I don't even think I know anyone who has seen or used it either.

Okay, so that being said, I did manage to get hold of two more 10mg prescription amphetamine pills after asking my doctor for a prescription but being refused, maybe because I used the wrong word but surely he didn't think I was asking him to get me some crystal meth!!

Again, with a TN [Trigeminal Neuralgia] attack coming on, one of those pills took it away. The other thing is that I become sort of SLEEPY - the opposite of what they should do.

So I tried one when I was NOT having a TN attack, and once again I felt more relaxed and in fact drifted off and had a short nap in my chair!!
    - doesn't that indicate something about ADD? Like Ritilin speeding people up except for those with ADD or some kind of organic Hyperactivity disorder?