Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT September Chit Chat

Hi everyone,, hang in there everyone,, a group hug from me >>>{{{{{{ Everyone}}}}}},,

Benn crazy around here,, corn is being taken out,, thats so wrong, usually its soybeans, but, with this dry weather, everything is topsy turvey,farmers are working well into the dark, elevators are staying open later,..

My MRI report,, basically, I am progressing, well I knew that,, so 3 days of solumedrol, done, no predizone taper,, we will see if I can get this under control,,

Rodeo weekend,, our oldest son is in the wild horse race,, I sure wish I could go watch, but its to far to walk, and has steep steps,,, maybe my DIL, would camcord it for me,,

Sam I Am,, she sure is a treasure, she is so smart,, she watches out for me , all the time, and I say "belly rub!!", she lays down and rolls over,,smart pup,,lol..

cattle get sold this next week, special cattle sale,,. I offered to feed everyone who helps haul cattle for us,,lasgana.. seems fair to me,,also was hinted they sure would like some of my banana bread,,, "sigh".. I suppose I will...

later then,,,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy Labor Day weekend to all!

Peg, it sounds as if Sam I Am is going to be a real help to you. Now if she can just cook up that lasagna for all those people....

Hope the solumedrol will help you.

Been busy here with the final details on my annual housing recertification, a process that takes 4 months. It's over now, all signed, sealed and delivered as of Thursday even though the building is having a lot of work done right now (pressure washing, carpentry, painting) and the manager and I were shuffling our papers as the ladders were being placed around us.

Have a good holiday weekend, everybody!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member

September already?!?!

Finished my IVSM yesterday and so far so good. At least I am not in septic shock this time from some weird e-coli bug. But they did put me on a super strong oral antibiotic first. I forgot to ask for a taper from the doc and as I do not do well with out one I am lucky (?) the last time I went straight into ICU as had some predisone left over so I am good until Tues when I have an appt. Also I forgot to refill my heart pills but I guess I can through myself on the mercy of Walgreen's lol. I am feeling better. I decided to cut the grass today and went so far as to get everything ready to go and decided the couch was way more comfortable. At least for now.

I has been a bit cooler weather wise the last few days although the NWS says it could be a month or more before the air clears from the brush fires. Meaning the snow is gonna fly first. The deer season with be impacted big time and we still have a lot of folks tht depend on that deer in the freezer to get through winter. Come spring the mud slides will be horrible. And the vicious circle will begin.

We have tons of tomatoes and cucumbers if anyone needs any. I need to dig the last of the carrots an the red potatoes. Then the application of the bottom plow and the garden will be done for another year. Although I may be able to nurse the tomatoes until it get really cold. My all time record is Thanksgiving I put a blanket and light bulbs out there my wife pointed out that I did save a half a dozen tomatoes and between the work, ruining a blanket and the power for the bulbs they cost us about $10 a piece.

I mentioned to the family that this was the last year that I am going to put in a garden that I can get everything we need at the local truck farm. My daughter said "Umm hmm that is the same thing that you have been saying for years and you STILL have garden as big as when you had kids at home."

Don't you hate it when your kids are right?

Got a question has anyone ever done the monthly pulse of IVSM I am assuming that it is 1 gram one time a month and no taper. What is the general consistences ? Good bad nothing? To be honest it is that only thing that I have never tried. I thought about bringing it up with the doc on Tues just to see what he says.

I know that this is a holiday but there are a few folks that are remiss in checking in. You do not want me to sic my Mini Schnauzers. on you. The German army can be quite dangerous especially to your ankles

Hope that everyone is having a relaxing Labor day weekend.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Waving Hi to Peg and Agate. No one else awake in Sept. yet?

My question of the day is, If you are already Retired, how do you re-tire your retiredness for one day? I think I'll celebrate by not celebrating. See....just like any other day.

For all you peeps who still work for a living and/or raising Children (incl your DH)..Happy Labor Day!!!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Peg, sorry about the MRI report. Hope the steroids work.

Agate, 4 months of every year! That is crazy. Well done.

Gary, I was not stable- having 3- 5 days of IVSM often. Then my doc put me on 1 Gram of IVSM a month. You make an appointment for about the same time every month and spend 2 or more hours at the infusion center. It worked for me but I have side effects- TN starts by 6PM the night of the steroids and I get an awful arthritis- hard to move. I did it for 10 months- many do it for years.

Sally, love you. Did you have a good day w the family?

Pizzaguy and I just got back from a week on the Cape and I came home w a UTI. I was going to see my Primary tomorrow when I realized that tomorrow was a holiday. So, we went to the ER at 9AM this morning. I was the only one waiting! It took them 1.5 hours but not bad for an ER. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

It's cool here, going to be 53 tonight. Brrrrrr.

Try to stay well,
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 09-02-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Default Doctor's Last Week

Well, I learned I have a lot of patience. My mammogram was last week on Tuesday BUT instead of taking the pictures and looking to see if anymore are needed as they have for 20 years... they only take one set and send the patients home....unless they have driven 100 miles. This has changed since last year because they have a shortage of radiologists. In fact, they only have one. I feel the fact that I am disabled should enable me to get everything done on the same day as it is a greater hardship to drive 50 miles as opposed to an able bodied person driving 100. I have the number for the patient advocate person and plan to call on Tuesday of next week.

I always go back to Winship Cancer Clinic at Emory in Atlanta as I had surgery there 20 years ago. The drive for me is about 50 miles round trip. The next morning my husband had labs at our PCP and he brought home the orders for me to go back for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound ASAP. I called and got an appointment for Thursday at 1:30. One set of pictures were taken and I sat and waited for another 2 hours until every body else had left. I caught a nurse going down the hall and asked her why was I still waiting and she left and came back shortly and said my file had gotten misplaced.

Then they took 3 more pictures and I waited again because the attending physician could not decide if she needed more or not. When she finally came and gave me the discharge papers....she said I was a very patient person. Now I had to drive in the late rush hour traffic and in total I have driven over 100 miles.....and I still have to get the ultrasound and be seen by a breast surgeon.... but here in the town where I live. Next year the films will be in her office and I will get everything done here. I am a very patient person but there is a limit to my patience....

Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

duplicate.
    Last edited by renee; 09-02-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

I had a lovely weekend, respite from all the BS in MS world.

My youngest bro came to visit with his mahvelous GF.
    I have shared his company 3 weekends over the last month and I can't begin to tell you
    how happy it makes me to spend time with a very sympatico family member.

GF is a treat to have around.
    Quick, very smart, fun, open and very flexible.

Mahvelous.
    It was so normal!!!

G7- would you like me to go postal for you?
    I have plenty of energy to spend on your behalf.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Our friend Bill went down to make Mother's coffee this morning and found her on the floor in the hall where she had been for a good part of the night. He called 911 and they took her to the hospital. Of course she did not have her life alert button on as she is stubborn and forgetful. Bill said he does not think she broke anything.

Bill and Mother's friend Mary are both going to the hospital and will call me and let me know what is happening. I am ill with severe sinusitis and David has the oncology appointment on Wednesday which I'd like to be here for. I just have to wait and see and play it by ear.

I am worried about David he has lost 15 lbs and really looks skinny. He has no appetite on the pain pills for his back. Right now I am worried sick and scared. The 300 miles from Mother seems like a million right now. I called my sister in Tennessee and she just moved into a new house and says she can't come down unless it is an emergency, duh?

Thanks for being here to listen. Please say some more prayers for us. Thanks, Jeanie :)

Gabriella- Our Fancy City Teaching Hospital changed about 2 years ago to the system where you have a mammo and then go home and get results in 2 weeks! And, they will also call you to come back for more pics if they need them. Crazy making!

Jeanie- if your sister doesn't pick up on the fact that this IS an emergency, I guess you'll have to say the words. You have been doing more than your share. And, don't forget to take care of you!

At the moment, your mom is being cared for. Concentrate on you and David. It might be the chemo that has his appetite off- often does.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast