Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Valley Meat Company: USDA Did its Job, OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, August 27, 2012

Opinion & Contributed Articles

by Dr. Richard Raymond | Aug 27, 2012 Opinion

Dr. Richard Raymond former Undersecretary for Food Safety, U.S. Department of Agriculture (2005-2008)

In closing, I expect Terry to add his two cents worth and I will point out that the risk of variant CJD from eating US beef is as close to zero as we can make it. There are many interlocking steps to keep us safe, including:

1. The ruminant to ruminant feed ban in effect for over a decade to protect our herd.

2. The removal of Specified Risk Materials in the slaughter facilities under the continuous and watchful eyes of FSIS Inspectors to protect human health.

3. The observation by the PHVs of animals in motion.

4. No downers or non-ambulatory cattle allowed in the food chain, and

5. The USDA's ongoing surveillance of animals at high risk for BSE, assuring us that the exposure risk is almost nil.

© Food Safety News

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

OPINION REBUTTAL Terry

Greetings,

Well Dr. Raymond, since you called me out, I must respond Sir. Yes, our children health and safety mean more to me than taxes.

Dr. Richard Raymond former Undersecretary for Food Safety, U.S. Department of Agriculture (2005-2008) stated ;

snip...

see full text ;

Monday, August 27, 2012

Opinion & Contributed Articles

by Dr. Richard Raymond | Aug 27, 2012 Opinion

Dr. Richard Raymond former Undersecretary for Food Safety, U.S. Department of Agriculture (2005-2008)

Compassion Over Killing Exposes Extreme Cruelty at CA Slaughter Plant, USDA Shuts Facility Down

Farmers are National Heros.

Farmers were that before the teaparty.

Farmers will be that, after the teaparty.

Finally, TSE prions know no borders, TSE prions know no age groups, TSE prions know no political party.

sadly, it is a political and industry fed disease $$$

and it is mutating. ...

kind regards,
    terry

layperson
Working...
X