Thread: New Bird in the Nest!

Default New Bird in the Nest!

My little Budgie, Kevin, died a few weeks ago, and Cloud, my other Budgie has been lonely. So,, last week I went to the bird store to get a new pal for him. I found a beautiful little guy, just a couple months old. I named him Sam. The two have become fast friends.

My little family of 6...2 cockatiels, (Rascal and Joy) the 2 budgies,, a finch (Nathan) a Lory (Caillou) give me so much company and pleasure. I'd be really much more depressed without them.

Distinguished Community Member

Marion,I'm glad you got another birdie! good they became friends.

yay.. did you know that I just now noticed that there was a bird on your chest in your picture, LOL. tell me I have my head somewhere,tee hee I won't say where all this time. I wish you could show us pictures of them. I am a good one to talk as I still don't have a pic of myself up. I doubt if my kids will ever read this forum even if I have said I might make it a required reading after I am gone.

Tell us more about neew bird. Which one is in your picture? I want a kitten so bad. Would love to have another cat

The bird in the picture is Hazel, who sadly is no longer with me. He died in 2009. I loved him dearly...he was the sweetest, gentlest bird.

Sam is very young and just learning his way around. He is already devoted to Cloud and I think they'll be great pals.

I'll see if I can post some pictures of the others.

i am sure i must have asked ths before. age getting to me is my only excuse. i am trying a new qay to use laptop to see if any easier on bones. by the time my feet have healed i will be totally useless i fear. even tho i try to do some simple exerciss like leg lifts in bed. even the keft big toe has NOT healed yet getting really boring just bandagin my feet all the time. wnough whinning as i know i am far better off than many.

summer will be gone and i haven't really been out enough to know it.

i haven;t been able to get my coumadin levels or warafin levwls xhecked so nezxt week they are briing out a machine for us to rent. LOl the knee wheeler is 60 a month forget how much nighttime oxygen is and i laughed and said it was getting to be an expensive upkeep. sprta a good thing i am not still having to buy so much canned dog food for old dog tho i still miss him terribly. he'd bE COMPANY EVEN THO IT WOUD MEAN EXTRA STEPS. oops sprry i can't see very well. tKE Cre of they new bird. good that they get along well. hope to see pictures.

Joy,I just know there is a cat out there that needs a home! why not just go for it? you don't ask for much EVER. would be great company for you. I don't recall ever in my adult life not having a cat.

Marion, I thought the pic was a bird on your chest-thanks for clearing that up (I cannot see worth a hoot). I've only had birds once & learned they don't go well with cats. they were budgies & very pretty.

Arrow

i am going to try this again. i had alongish reply and lost it of course. so much shorter answer will be no way, i learbed my lesson juust keeping grandpit for a shoet while. to much res[pmsibility and i don.t feel like taking care of myself much some days. i ;OKE FEEDING THR WILD BIRDS ROO AN D HATE SEEING A NEIGHBOR CAR SNEAKING ARPIND. AND IT IS NATURAL SO I UNERSTND. I JUST LIKE SEEING seein g yjr birds. i have been maing alonh with donna [aomyomh gourd bird houses. too so